Can I get this laser, or is it a myth???

This is a discussion on Can I get this laser, or is it a myth??? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have CT grips on my SW 642 hammerless. being a DAO(of course), you really have to practice with them to keep the dot on ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I get this laser, or is it a myth???

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar

I have CT grips on my SW 642 hammerless. being a DAO(of course), you really have to practice with them to keep the dot on target, cuz that is one long hard trigger pull. They do adjust easy and I would consider the laser max for my ultra carry. I wouldn't buy CT for it, because I like the hogue grip I have on it too much. I found the laser on my 642 very quality and helpful, esp firing out of position 2 and 3 when drawing the firearm in a defesive situation.
    my 2.3458764 cents...give or take.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

2. Remove Ads

I think I like the control factors on the CT grips. Easy on and off. I have seen the ads run by LM that make fun of the competition (CT Grips) and I find their allusions to the so called weaknesses of the grips to be superficial and spurious. I also don't like the "pulse" effect of the LM.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I count myself as being very fortunate, on a first name basis with CTís VP and many of their sales representative. Also our senior instructor has done some very brutal test on Laser Max and CT lasers from dropping them from 20 feet onto concrete to running them over with a Dodge Durango then finally testing them in broad daylight to see which one could be seen the best. The winner in these test was CT laser grips.

I will admit to one set of grips missing the female side of the grips screw, called CT the next business day and they said the new grips were in the mail in the afternoon, I was to ship the defective grips back once the new grips arrived. My second problem with CT was the plastic which sandwiches between the 1911 grip and the laser grips fell apart after three years, I called them and in within less then a week had the plastic sleeves along with extra batteries and cleaning swabs. Bottom line, nothing is perfect and CT knows this by backing up their products with a NO BS warranty.

All my carry guns (Glocks, S&W revolvers and 1911ís) which can accept lasers have CT lasers except for my G19 which will be fitted with the new user installable laser next month.
    Stay Safe,
    Kevin

CSSDSD Instructor
    ASP Instructor
    ACCJT Certified LEO DT Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Lead Moderator
    If only CT would make a laser with the pulse laser , I would consider it. Don't like the 1911 laser max set up. The switch looks weak and bulky.

Assistant Administrator
    Rocky - outa interest - why do you prefer pulsed??

Put another way - what is the problem with a steady state beam?
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links