Concealed carry outfitters vests

This is a discussion on Concealed carry outfitters vests within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone ever ordered from concealed carry outfitters? What did you think of the vests?...

Thread: Concealed carry outfitters vests

Concealed carry outfitters vests

Has anyone ever ordered from concealed carry outfitters? What did you think of the vests?

2. Remove Ads

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by wizardofgore View Post
    What did you think of the vests?
    I do not think concealed and vest belong in the same thought. If you get a vest you might as well OC or get a big sign on your back that says " this man carries a gun".

I kinda like the way they look and will be good for fall weather that is too warm for a coat but too cool for just a shirt. I am looking at them more for style then utility.

Quote Originally Posted by jdivence View Post
    I do not think concealed and vest belong in the same thought. If you get a vest you might as well OC or get a big sign on your back that says " this man carries a gun".
    I disagree with that, I have been asked by LEO and other people " that's a nice vest, where did you get it". To most I answer "Online", everyone of these people respond with "O". To a few I have said "Concealed carry outfitters online" and you should see the look on there face, when at that moment they realize what may or may not be under that vest.

I love the vest, the only thing I don't like about the vest is it's dry clean only, and I don't recall them telling you that anywhere on there site but other wise I think they did a good job at making the cut and fit look like just another vest.

I thought those big signs "This man carries a gun" are only for Hawaiian shirt guys, yea and those guys with cargo pant pockets. I like my vest, having options is good.

Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    I thought those big signs "This man carries a gun" are only for Hawaiian shirt guys, yea and those guys with cargo pant pockets. I like my vest, having options is good.
    how bout cargo pants, hawaiian shirt, and a vest?
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

These vest don't scream gun, they are really good fo construction workers, but they will cover a concealed weapon.

Vests *-*Duluth Trading Company

I like my vest and when the weather gets cooler and I feel like dressing up a bit I like it. I've never been made while wearing it and it's got room for extra magazines and flashlights. Well worth the money. I even wear mine to church or banquets.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

CC who cares ?

I have 5 vests that I wear threw out the year. I also have a lot of Hawian shirts that I wear. Who cares what people think ? They can think what ever they want.

I think the best plan is to have a variety of options. A concealed carry vest is one, hawiian shirt for hot weather, mabe a black leather vest for cooler, biker type gatherings. I even cut the sleeve out of some old denim shirts to wear over a t-shirt. Looks kind of redneck or biker, but the idea is to blend in with the environment you plan on being in. So plan ahead and look like to intend to blend in and be "in the gray zone".

As an old fart & not fashion concious, I found a loose fitted pull-over sweater vest works well with IWB carry in cool weather and doesn't fall into the typical CC stereotypes ...

Nick

I wear the photographer's type of vest that has lots of pockets for carring stuff I am a big guy so I ordered them from Big & tall catalog, living in the mountains here in NYS people do a lot of fishing here localy so the vest does not look out of place, it conceals all of my large hand guns with no printing at all

Quote Originally Posted by jdivence View Post
    This is just more of the conventional wisdom baloney that one finds here on the internet. Neither vests nor fanny packs "shout gun" as some here on the net aver.

I bought this vest about 10 years ago from Coronado Leather and have even worn it in church on Sunday and have never been "made" by anyone.
    I often wear fanny packs (for a variety of reasons) and, once again, have never been made. What works works
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Vest

I recently bought a vest from Concealed Carry Clothiers and I like it alot. It is nice enough to go with my slacks and tie, but not too hot for South Texas. I do with that it was a little bit longer, so I could carry a full size pistol OWB.
    I try not to worry about the fashion police.

Links