Gun Safe Handgun Storage Rack

Gun Safe Handgun Storage Rack

This is a discussion on Gun Safe Handgun Storage Rack within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is the best way to store a multitude of short guns that takes up the minimum amount of space in a gun safe. You ...

Thread: Gun Safe Handgun Storage Rack

Administrator

Post Gun Safe Handgun Storage Rack

This is the best way to store a multitude of short guns that takes up the minimum amount of space in a gun safe. You can build one without plans & just a bit of forethought.
    If you can make straight cuts in wood then you can make one out of pine for yourself without having any special or advanced carpentry skills.
    Use Carpenters Yellow Glue & also buy some very thin long wire brads just to hold everything together until the glue sets up. You SHOULD put a coat of shellac or spray varnish or lacquer on the wood so that the wood will not absorb moisture & hold that moisture near your short guns. In other words...seal the wood with something. Carpenters yellow glue is strong enough to hold the whole thing together without having to cut any fancy joints in the wood.
    Mine is a three tier "built in" in the top of my safe & so you'll need to look at this other one to get an idea of how exactly to build yours.
    Buy some 1 by stock like a length of 1"X 8" & 1"X 6" & also a strip or two of thinner flat molding to shim specific areas of odder shaped pistols & revolvers & fit your guns one at a time into individual little slots or compartments.
    It's an EASY project...STRONG GLUE makes it easy. Be creative, take your time & have fun doing it & all will go well. Cost should be about $20.00 or less.

Assistant Administrator
    Way to go QK - and that is almost exactly what I have in mind to do in my safe.

As I posted in another thread recently when Bud and I were discussing this matter, the pic shows how I so far manage (just) with all handguns laid on side - but I know that a bit of time spent making a rack/racks idea like yours - tho only single tier - will tidy things up a whole lot.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Ohh.... cool beens! Im going to have to do that.

I made a simple very effective rack by using pot lid racks that would go in your kitchen cabinets. Mine is heavy duty, plastic coated wire, like you see in dish drainers. It is 13 inches long and holds eight guns, could slip in a small gun on the end as well. I think it cost about $9.00 at Lowes. Inexpensive, simple, and ready made - works great.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by tegemu
    I made a simple very effective rack by using pot lid racks that would go in your kitchen cabinets. Mine is heavy duty, plastic coated wire, like you see in dish drainers. It is 13 inches long and holds eight guns, could slip in a small gun on the end as well. I think it cost about $9.00 at Lowes. Inexpensive, simple, and ready made - works great.
    Got a pic?

Wish i was a better carpenter i cant even draw astraight line ..Sighh why do you tease me Qk

Lead Moderator
    need to build something like that for my safe too. Before the pistols start getting scratched up.

Sponsored Links