.22 conversions kits for Glock & AR

This is a discussion on .22 conversions kits for Glock & AR within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have any experience the .22 conversions offered for the Glock and AR made by J. Ciener out of FL? Thinking about getting one for ...

Thread: .22 conversions kits for Glock & AR

.22 conversions kits for Glock & AR

Anyone have any experience the .22 conversions offered for the Glock and AR made by J. Ciener out of FL? Thinking about getting one for my G19/23 & AR-15 to save some $ on practice ammo.

2. Remove Ads

I have a ciener for my AR15,it functions fine,you do have to adjust your sights for the difference in 22LR and .223
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

You should consider the Advantage Arms .22lr conversion for you Glock. I'm very pleased with mine.
    Also CNMG came out with a AR .22lr conversion kit. You can also buy dedicated uppers from Spikes and Olympic Arms for the .22lr conversion.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksokie View Post
    You should consider the Advantage Arms .22lr conversion for you Glock. I'm very pleased with mine.
    +1. I have this also, and it works nicely. It does get unhappy if it isn't clean a lot faster than the stock Glock slide, but that is probably to be expected with any .22.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Senior Moderator
    I have a Ceiner kit for my AR.

Piece of advice - buy the Ceiner kit from someone besides Ceiner. His customer service is terrible, from what I have read.

I bought mine from Midway USA as I recall. No problems with it, but if there are, I'd rather have dealt with Midway that Ceiner directly from what I have read.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I have found my advantage arms conversion for my Glock to be very useful.

I'm tracked my use since I bought it.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...e-17-22-a.html

Hope that thread is helpful.

I have the Ceiner .22 conversion for the AR, with the 30 rd mag and Like it very much.

I HAD a Ceiner .22 Conversion for my Glock 19 w/o the adjustable sight and IMHO it was a peice of crap

Ceiner

I have a Ceiner AR kit and it works fine until it gets too dirty. It prefers to run a bit on the greasy side. I clean the gun completely after shooting .22s. I hear the build up of lead, dirt, and crud from the .22s can be bad or dangerous if you switch back and start firing 5.56. I don't want to take the chance so I clean it pretty well. For plinking and cheap practice that's fine, not so much if you want a survival gun and want to switch back and forth constantly. Ceiner magazines are overpriced, I have a 30 round and a 10 round, but the Black Dog mags are the way to go for spares.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Advantage Arms kits for Glock are very highly recommended. We have one for a G17 and love it. Have run 4-500 rds thru it between cleanings and no problems (use Rem Golden Bullets ONLY, 550 for ~$16 at Wal-Mart).

I'm told Ciener kits are "hit or miss" on reliability and the company is alleged to have not good customer service. I recently got a Ciener kit for my 1911 and so far it has been great. Again I only run Rem Golden Bullets thru it. So no leading or problems to date.

I bought a Bushmaster .22LR complete AR15 so I didn't need to go the conversion kit route there.

Links