Defensive Carry banner

Gloves.....

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  QKShooter 
#1 ·
Does anybody use or have you ever tried to use padded gloves when you shoot a handgun?
I saw an ad today for Gripswell Heel Padded Gloves which help with the recoil of bigger handguns.....just wondering if its worth buying or just a scam.
Thanks for your imput.

#3 ·
I'm not living in the snow country, but even when I did, I never used gloves.
During the winter (further north) I never wore gloves for much activity except stacking/moving firewood...I don't think gloves are needed for shooting.
OMO...I'm sure others will vary.:yup:

#7 ·
Thanks for all the responses but I want to clearify my question...I'm looking to see if you wear a padded glove were the palm and heel area is protected against the recoil of a handgun. I'm not asking about a glove if my hand is cold.
Thanks again.

#9 ·
#10 ·
One of my shooting buddies has what he calls "Office Hands". He went to Cabelas and looked at their fingerless, padded palm shooting gloves, then went somewhere and bought a set of bicycle gloves with the same features for half the price.

#13 ·
Tenex Elbow Mercury Filled Shock Watch is a great shooting aid if you have elbow problems or carpal tunnel syndrome.
It's not a gimmick item.
The Mercury metal fractures on recoil and breaks up the recoil impulses.
Exact same principle as a Dead Mule Mercury recoil reducer for a shotgun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.