Pearce Grip Extension Revised

This is a discussion on Pearce Grip Extension Revised within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok so i posted last week about getting a +1 grip extension for the 26 and if it rattles. I decided to try something new ...

Thread: Pearce Grip Extension Revised

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar

Ok so i posted last week about getting a +1 grip extension for the 26 and if it rattles. I decided to try something new out and put the 26+1 extension on a 19 mag. Now i havent gotten to shoot but it fit well. Have any of you done this an/or does it feed good and do you like it if so. Thanks
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Well, I haven't tried it, but I might...just for the range visit of course. Funny thing though......my G19 factory magazines do rattle after I chamber the first round for carry. I'll usually eject the mag, and slap it in my hand, and bump the bottom for the remaining 14 rounds to settle down and quit rattling. Then sometimes, they will start rattling all over again if I carry it all day. Never have problems with my G27 mags with or without the +1 pinky extensions. Maybe this is just a 9mm phenomena?

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    Yah i was worried but actually last night when i loaded the rounds, they rattled outside of the gun but when i put them in the gun they stopped. What a paradox. I dont get it it is like everyone has a different experience. I would figure that pearce would listen to the people and try and fix the problem but i have yet to hear of someone rectifying the problem. I guess i just need to shoot it. Darn i guess ill have to suffer and suck it up and shoot
    Also i figured that it would just look goofy but i put it in the K&D last night and absolutly no printing from it. I have a hard Cant angle but still no noticible printing issue. Also i have pretty large hands and it feels so comfortable with the extension on.
    I hope it really work well because the normal extension for the 19 really sticks out where the 26/27/33/36 +1 extension just continues the angle. Ill post about the range tomo and hopefully ill give great news and maybe it will be a new find. I mean having one extra round at no overt cost has never hurt anyone, well other than the BG
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

1) You can put in Wolff +10% springs to help (you won't need to, but you can).
    2) Beware as the Pierce "+x" basepads are known to pop off. It's happened to me and to others around me. For absolute reliability, go with Dawson, Gramms, or Arrendondo. The Schrer are a bit touchier, and the GLOCK factory extensions are virtually guaranteed to pop off.
    3) For some reason the +0 extensions have been fine.

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Links