Flashlight Review: Amilite Neo T3

This is a discussion on Flashlight Review: Amilite Neo T3 within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got a package from Korea yesterday. All I can say is WOW. This light is awesome. All sorts of brightness and throw in such ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I got a package from Korea yesterday. All I can say is WOW. This light is awesome. All sorts of brightness and throw in such a little package.

The Amilite Neo T3 is an alluminim single celled luxeon flashlight from Korea. It takes on CR123a and uses it very well. It is very bright and the company says it will last for 1 hr 30 min. Not too shaby for as bright as it is.

When I say this light is tiny I mean TINY. Its much smaller than all but two of my lights which are made to be put on a keychain and are much much more dim. Here are a few pics of it next to other lights I have.

It fits in the pocket really really nicely. I do thing that they edges of the machined ridges are a bit sharp but thats no biggie. It twists very easy and turning it on with one hand is really simple.

It came with a lanyard and belt clip. Neither of which I have much use for so I attatched the lanyard you see in the pictures. I didn't have much time for many beamshot(I'll try to get that done in the next couple days.)

Out put is really nice. It is brighter than my Fenix L1P and Dorcy Super 1 Watt. It the hotspot is bigger than the Fenix and it comes in really handy when I check the house for monsters at night. :)

I have one gripe about this light though. There is the smallest about of anodizing missing from one part of the light. This is actually alot less than what some have seen so I won't complain. You can see it in this picture.

The finish is a HAIII or type III hard anodizing. It is a bit shinier than I was expecting but it feels like it would hold up really really well.

I don't really have much else to say about this light. Its really bright, small, and great quality. It will work very well as a back up light or just a light to look at. :)

And to finish it off, here are just a few more pics.

Edited to add: I got it from www.amilite.co.kr and it was $72 plus $12 shipping.

clipse

Administrator

clipse ~ Very Nice Review

And NICE clear photos also.
    Looks like an extremely decent light & much nicer than the one I am packing right now.
    In my opinion...Perfect size for a carry light.

Assistant Administrator
    Clipse (or should I say ''Mr Flashlight'' LOL) - another nice write-up for which thanks.

Great set of pics as usual.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thanks guys. :) I like my flashlights. ALOT. I have one more than I need to pick up this weekend (a streamlight Propolymer 4AA Luxeon) and I take pics and a write then as well. Then I have to stop buy lights for awhile. I have spent way too much on lights and batteries this month (Almost $250). I have put off building my AR for too long so that will be my next project. Once I get done with that I want either a Gladius or Surefire U2.

clipse

Beamshots!!!

I don't have the best camera for beamshots but it'll give you an idea. All beamshots were taken about a 6 feet.

Dorcy Super 1 Watt 1x123 (left), Amilite (right)

Streamlight Jr. Lux (left), Amilite (right)

Fenix L1P (left), Amilite(right)

That was a bit deceaving so here is the same pic only in negative form.

Streamlight TL2 LED 2nd gen (left), Amilite (right)

Surefire G2 (left), Amilite (right)

clipse

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar

Question Question?

What is the bulb replacment type a bulb or full reflector Assy. lke many Surefire light have?

Does the bulb Assy.have any shock absorbing mounting like many Surefire Combat lights?

Is replacment bulb item a special order item or can it be found in USA? Also what is the price if you know this?

The $72 price puts it in the same price range of the Surefire Z2 when ordered at many online web sites.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyGunner
    What is the bulb replacment type a bulb or full reflector Assy. lke many Surefire light have?

Does the bulb Assy.have any shock absorbing mounting like many Surefire Combat lights?

Is replacment bulb item a special order item or can it be found in USA? Also what is the price if you know this?

The $72 price puts it in the same price range of the Surefire Z2 when ordered at many online web sites.

Its a luxeon bulb so there is no replacing it. It is shockproof like all other luxeon LED's. Thats why I stick mainly with Luxeons. I hate have a bulb blow on me at the wrong time. No need to worry about this little light. :)

clipse

So, I've had this light for alittle over a year. It has NEVER failed me, not even once. I really like this little light still today.

Then this morning I see that Amilite is coming out with a T5. It is very similar only it has two brightness settings, a clickie switch, and it uses a new type of LED (cree/seoul) that will put out 140 lumens for 1 1/2 hours on high. That is awesome. Once this comes out (supposed to be in the next couple weeks) I'll try to get one and give you all my impressions. If quality is like my T3 and if its half what is being preported I'll be quite impressed.

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Administrator
    thanks for the update, I'll have to find one for myself.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Thanks for the word on the new flashlight....I need a smaller flashlight myself.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Cute. The new light I am wanting is a SureFire G3. Has anybody seen one of these? It's a complete opposite as this one Clipse just got, but I needed one a little bigger for my duty belt. The G3 is like a polymer SureFire 9P...think G2 to 6P.

G3 to 9P!

I found a pic of it next to the Surefire L2. This thing is SMALL. Its small considering it will put out over 140 lumens for 1 1/2 hours. If you don't need 140 lumens, it has a low setting of 15 lumens for over 10 hours. I'm excited. Even better yet, it can handle Rechargable CR123's.

As for the G3. It is just a G2 with extra room for another battery. It takes the P90 LA. I would like to get on eventually and put in a good LED replacement LA.
    Last edited by clipse; February 23rd, 2007 at 10:23 AM.
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Administrator
    Hey clipse, where can I buy this T3?
    "Just blame Sixto"

I got mine from http://www.amilite.co.kr/ Direct from the manufacturer. It was a great buy experience and quick shipping. Currently thats the only place you get get it from unless you find a used one on ebay or something.

I would wait a bit though. The T5 is supposed to come out next week and only cost a bit more than the T3. Still the T3 is an awesome light to have.
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Administrator
    OK, Thanks! I've been looking for a light like this for a long time, I think I will give this one a try.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links