511 vs propper

511 vs propper

This is a discussion on 511 vs propper within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; has anyone ever worn these pants before,if so how did they compare to 511 pants.link is below Propper vs 5.11 Tactical Pants Comparison - Tactical ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 511 vs propper

511 vs propper

has anyone ever worn these pants before,if so how did they compare to 511 pants.link is below

Propper vs 5.11 Tactical Pants Comparison - Tactical Trousers
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

jfl
    I don't buy 5.11 stuff; it is all made in China or some other 3rd world country.
    I think Propper is the same way.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

I like my 5.11 pants and really why would propper need to badmouth 5.11 pants if theirs are truely superior?
    Condition 1
    "My weapon has never hurt anyone. It never will. If someone dies by my hand, it is my fault. The weapon is blameless." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

what about woolrich are their sizes roomy or snug,i was thinking of trying them even though i like my 511 shorts.
    as far as anything being made in china,have you looked at where your shoes are made lately?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

I wear propper's to work (Armed guard) and love them. They have adjustable waist tighteners for the holiday influx, wear really well and are built to last. Color doesn't fade at all and they can take a beating.
    The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it-The American flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it, American soldiers don't fight because they hate what's in front of them...they fight because they love what's behind them."

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    ..as far as anything being made in china,have you looked at where your shoes are made lately?
    Yes, my Danner boots are made in the USA. Not all Danners are, but look for the "made in USA" label.
    The hand of the aggressor is stayed by strength and strength alone!--Dwight D. Eisenhower

One word...Woolrich

Quote Originally Posted by deadcenter View Post
    Yes, my Danner boots are made in the USA. Not all Danners are, but look for the "made in USA" label.
    most of my boot are made in usa Lucchese, tony lama.not my nikes or my converse though.
    ive always heard Woolrich were good mercop in fact im going to try a pair of their shorts next.

― Thomas Paine

I wear Propper Pants nearly everyday. I am a sales rep and they hold their crease better than 511. To me 511 are not as roomy, they are an excellent product, but to me the Propper is just as good and fit me and my lifestyle fine. Plus they are a few dollars cheaper in my market area.

Mo
    I wear 5.11 covert khakis quite a bit at work. Roomy with a nice stretch waistband without the "Accordion" section that's so obvious on the standard 5.11 tactical pants. You can't tell the covert khakis apart form dockers, except for the very small zipper pull on each side about 1/4 way down along the seam. Truly discreet, very comfortable and quite durable!

I don't like standard 5.11/woolrich pants - too commando for the office and I wear jeans all weekend.

Administrator
    I wear the Woolrich shorts all summer.
    I love them and I sure do love those pockets! - I've been "hard use" beating the crap out of mine and they sure can take the beating.
    I've also washed them countless numbers of times and they still look really decent.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I love my Woolrich pants, but I couldn't turn down the $9.99 closeout deal that I got on my 5.11 pants. I wore a pair to the paintball field the other day, and between the pants and the internal foam kneepads I was VERY well protected all day long. This was a full day of pretty hard play, diving, crawling, and kneeling the entire time on gravel, rocks, trees, and dirt... not to mention clamoring over barriers and kneeling in grass, paint, and water. After a trip through the washing machine, you wouldn't know they had even been worn.

VIP Member
    I'm wearing Tru-Spec pants these days for my tactical khakis... IMO, they have better pockets, a button fly, 'normal' belt loops, and are just as durable as 5.11s. Just in case you didn't have enough options already...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

For me its all about comfort. I have team members on the SAR team who love 5.11's an some who love proppers. I'm a propper fan. I just sold off 200.00 worth of 5.11 that didn't fit me right. I have huge knee's and they just feel tight and uncomfortable so I just don't wear them. I do wear my propper BDU's all the time and buy them instead of regular cargo pants. (in Khaki)

I have been wearing Woolrich since the day they came out. I get three pairs of shorts and three pairs of pants and wear them until they wear out. They are all I wear. After I finally blew out the last pair of shorts I poured some water on them and it still beaded up. The sub pockets in the rear allows me to carry my wallet and Foster Bros Coin sap separated from the other stuff in the pocket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links