Crimson Trace vs lasermax on Glock 26

This is a discussion on Crimson Trace vs lasermax on Glock 26 within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am kicking around the idea of putting a laser on a G26. I like the internalness of the laser max. But I am not ...

Thread: Crimson Trace vs lasermax on Glock 26

I am kicking around the idea of putting a laser on a G26. I like the internalness of the laser max. But I am not sure I am too Keen on the activation. I like the adjustments that can be made to the crimson but I do carry pocket carry sometimes. Any one have experience with these products on the g26 platform

Administrator
    OK - Notice in advance:

The topic of this thread is:

The Crimson Trace Unit As VS The LaserMax Unit On A GLOCK 26.

The thread topic is NOT:

"Should I Save My Money By Not Buying A Laser & Just Buy More Ammunition?"

Please stay on topic to the thread.

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    I have seen more in the way of adjustability and durability from the CT vs the LM products.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

The only usefull info I can provide is that I had a lasermax for my 23/19 and the darn thing would turn itself on all the time killing the battery. I ended up selling it and never replaced it.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Lead Moderator
    As said some holsters will activate the laser max unit while holstering the gun. CT's seem o.k. , unless you have a high weak hand hold that would block the laser. Some of the CT's can be turned off in the event of pocket carry(worry of activation while pocketed).
    I believe both cT's and Laser max units can be adjusted for point of impact. My buddy likes his lasermax unit , and another likes his CT unit.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    I believe that the Glock LaserMax units are factory pre-adjusted for POI for the model of Glock firearm they are intended for.

The 1911 LaserMax units are adjustable. I don't know about the LaserMax for any other make of firearm.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I tried a LaserMax on a Glock 21; I do like the concept of the internal laser. The on-off switch is an extended slide lock that replaces your standard slide lock. It would always drag in both my Comp-Tac C-Tac IWB and SetCant OWB, turning on the laser and quickly discharging the battery. Also, I found that the extra action required to switch on the LaserMax while drawing slowed my draw too much. I returned it to the vendor, gladly paying a restocking charge.

If I try to laserize again, I will go with the Crimson Trace.

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Another point to be made is the LM will need to be activated with the trigger finger if shooting one handed. The trigger finger already has a more important job!
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Thanks for the input. I was hoping to find a place local with them so I could take a look see at them. But have not found one yet. I was kinda leaning towards the CT. I had shot a beretta with one and did enjoy that. But I was not sure how secure the glock models were given what i have seen is they just clip on

I installed the LaserMax on my Sig and then it's an outstanding investment. While they're almost useless in bright light, for home defense it does make target acquisition much quicker.
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

I don't like either on a Glock. The Lasermax for the above mentioned reasons, and the CT's because they add width to an already fat grip and the laser module sticks WAY out there for concealment.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

CT

I just bought a CT for my wife's for Christmas. We install them all the time on customer's guns and have only had one bad unit. It shipped without the tiny little adjustment screws installed and wouldn't zero (obviously). I have had more problems with the Lasermax, especially with aftermarket barrels. We do a fair amount of business in match Glock barrels for some reason, and they sometimes tear up the little red plastic end cap. Occasionally the Lasermax units don't let the gun lock up correctly. I think the quality of the CT is better.

But.

I'm a lefty and I can't use the CT grips. My thumb and support hand block the beam. I would hate to have to think about adjusting my grip to use the CT in the middle of a gunfight. I have no problems using the Lasermax, it's ambi friendly.

Links