Scottevest?

This is a discussion on Scottevest? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone heard anything good or bad about this brand? http://scottevest.com Fixed....

Thread: Scottevest?

Scottevest?

Anyone heard anything good or bad about this brand?

http://scottevest.com

Fixed.
    Last edited by jmm076; December 7th, 2008 at 03:02 AM.

2. Remove Ads

I've got the women's essential jacket and love it! Any particular item you are looking at?

I went ahead and ordered the hidden cargo pants. I decided to try them and see if I like the magnet pocket closures enough to replace my 5.11's.

Artemis- How's your jacket? I looked at the Men's Essential jacket, but wanted some input first...

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jmm076 View Post
    Anyone heard anything good or bad about this brand?
    Would you care to share a link to a web site for those of us who've never heard of this brand?

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

VIP Member
    I have three of their second generation jackets and one vest; Version 2.0's I believe. I've had them for six years or so. I've used one of the jackets much more than the others as range/training vest; the sleeves on the jackets are removeable.

These jackets/vest are outstanding. The one I most use has been washed a lot without so much as popping a single stitch or wearing out.

I've also used it as a photo vest carrying some of my heavier constant aperture zoom lenses.

SEV's products aren't cheap, but they are well worth the price you pay.

SCOTTEVEST/SeV iPod Clothing and Travel Clothing Solutions, Technology Enabled Clothes, Multi-Pocket Gear Apparel for Gadgets
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

The instructor at my CHP class handed out brochures and everything for this company. He uses their stuff and really likes everything. I don't know if that helps or not, but I figured I would tell you anyways.

-Jeff-

They're running a special until tomorrow, so I went ahead and bought a pair of their covert khakis.

Artemis- How's your jacket? I looked at the Men's Essential jacket, but wanted some input first...
    Still in great condition despite the amount of abuse I've put it through. Works well as a concealed carry jacket and doesn't have that "tactical" look. I've used it in place of a backpack on short hiking trips. Wish I could use it in summer too, but Florida is too hot even for a vest.

I have the vest and really like it. -Plenty of pockets. Looks nice and has been very durable so far! Also, the velco patches on the sides (Inside) really keep OWB holsters from printing.

I have the fleece 4.0 (inner jeacket). This was designed as a two part system. They stopped selling it now and came up with the 5.0 one jacket system. My biggest and only complaint with the fleece is that it stops NO wind what so ever. The new jacket is a nylon windbreaking material.
    Many positives though. I can even fit my camelbak water resevour or laptop in the backpocket. A+ company.

I have one that's about 3 years old now, a model that's been discontinued and I don't see anything too close on their site now. Anyhow, I like it a lot. Two of the pockets have worn through in spots, I think they've changed their fabric since then. I regularly carry my P3AT in an outside breast pocket and nobody notices. My wife has one too and carries hers velcro'd to an inside pocket. I wouldn't use one for a heavy gun, the coat I have is thin and would visibly pull down to that side.

All of the pockets are GREAT. My wife gave up her purse and now just uses the coat 3 seasons of the year.

Links