Olight M20 Warrior Premium, mini review

This is a discussion on Olight M20 Warrior Premium, mini review within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know this is a Surefire crowd, but I wanted to post a quick mini review of the Olight M20 Warrior Premium which I've had ...

Thread: Olight M20 Warrior Premium, mini review

Post Olight M20 Warrior Premium, mini review

I know this is a Surefire crowd, but I wanted to post a quick mini review of the Olight M20 Warrior Premium which I've had for about a week.

I was looking for a powerful but somewhat compact tactical flashlight. I wanted at least two light modes, a low-level one for walking the dogs and general around the house stuff, as well as a high power tactical mode for emergencies. I also wanted a tactical bezel in case I had to defend myself or needed to break a window. Lastly, I wanted a pocket clip and possibly a holster.

I've looked at Surefire and almost bought the E2D Defender, but the price was a bit steep. I then considered the Fenix TK11, which basically does everything I want. However, then I started reading some reviews and comparisons on a flashlight forum and was steered toward the Olight. For just under $100, I think I got everything I wanted and more.

Nice silver strike bezel, pocket clip, tactical grip ring. All three of these items are removable for a customized setup.

Very nice reflector and a superb LED bulb. The light you see is just the flash on my camera being reflected.

Rubber button with a temporary on (press lightly) or constant on (click).

Low level setting. I'm sorry about the horrible quality, my camera isn't very good with night time pictures AND it was snowing

Medium level setting.

High level setting. Please note that the light is actually VERY bright, much brighter than my crappy pictures suggest. Also, the 4th mode is a strobe mode, which I obviously couldn't photograph.

The modes are switched the twisting the head of the light to the right and then back to the left. This isn't exactly intuitive and it has taken some getting used to.

The holster the light came with is very nice and rugged, but it requires a little breaking in. The light also came with a lanyard and a battery tube in case you use batteries that may rattle in the compartment. I'm using two CR123 Surefire batteries and I don't need to use the tube, they work just fine.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm very happy with the purchase
    Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

2. Remove Ads

I've looked at the Olight website before and think they have some real winner products.

Congrats on your new light. I like it!

I've been considering that one but can't make up my mind on a couple other models from them.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I've looked at the Olight website before and think they have some real winner products.

Congrats on your new light. I like it!

I've been considering that one but can't make up my mind on a couple other models from them.
    I absolutely LOVE my Warrior M20 Premium. It will reside on my AR when I finish the build (it fits into a standard 1" flashlight mount). I love the fact that the mode switching is independent from the on/off function switch. I use it with the optional smooth reflector.

Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    ...I love the fact that the mode switching is independent from the on/off function switch...

Yeah, I really like that feature as well... Hopefully I'll be able to get one after I recover from the Christmas season!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

good review.

and a good light. heard a lot of good things of it.

would of bought it myself but the price just was a bit too steep at the moment. (olight m20 here 130$ +ship)

so i settled for Fenix TK11. (82$) and it will probably do just fine for me and my needs.

Fenix has only 2 settings, olight has a 3 (a low too.)
    Olight is a few grams lighter and almost 1cm longer.
    Runtimes are about the same per reviews.
    Olight has been said to have a slightly better quality and lightbeam.

about Olight m20.. for those in USA i just noticed batteryjunction.com selling it for 85$ or 95$ if someone is interested.

and personal take of surefires: good lights. exellent quality. but one can get similar results from other makes, for less money.

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Olight? Is that part of the Obama line of merchandise like the Ojamas and the Obrella? I know that politics are a no-no but I couldn't resist.

Seriously. Great review. Seems like a workable light.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

What kind of warranty do they have?
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

O-Light is a China product, though assembled here in the US through local distributors. The guy I work with is out of NC...I see him all the time at the gun shows. His customer service is excellent. Just send him the light and he will replace, no questions asked. I walked into a gun show 6 months after I purchased the Tactical 25 model, and he replaced it right there with the newer one with an on/off switch that was not recessed (an updated design).

The M20 also comes in the R2 configuration with 290 lumens. It is the best feature/price tactical light out there, IMO. The beam projects a long ways with a very sharp, bright, symetric center and a good, broad outer illumination circle. It's the next light I will buy.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    What kind of warranty do they have?
    From the owner's manual:
    No Hassle Lifetime Guarantee: Batteries will deplete,
    switches will wear out, electronics will burn out, rubber
    boots and O-rings will age. Everything else is covered
    by our lifetime no-hassle guarantee: if it breaks, we fix it!
    This was unpopular on CPF, so one of the vendors took them to task and they changed it.
    http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...d.php?t=183805

Olight Warranty:
    Olight warrants its products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship.

Within 30 days of receipt, any defective lights will be repaired or replaced by Olight or its dealers & distributors.

After the initial 30 days Olight will repair or replace, at its option and without charge, any product or part which is found to be defective under normal use and service within 18 months starting from the date of purchase.

After 18 months from the purchase date, Olight will still provide warranty service; labor is free but the cost of any parts required may be charged.

Such repair or replacement as described above shall be the purchasers’ sole and exclusive remedy under this warranty. This warranty does not cover normal maintenance and service and does not apply to any products or parts which have been subject to modification, misuse, negligence, accident, improper maintenance or repair by anyone other than Olight or its duly appointed representatives.

Any shipping or related costs incurred in the course of any warranty claim are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.

Warranty Limitation:
    There is no other express warranty. Olight hereby disclaims any and all implied warranties, including but not limited to fitness for a particular purpose. Olight shall not be liable for incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of, or connection with, product use or performance.

Warranty Claims:
    For repair or replacement please contact the Customer Services or Returns Department of the Olight authorized distributor or retailer where your purchase was made and obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA#). Then package the unit carefully and return to the address provided in the RMA.
    Olight recommends shipping any and all returns via a traceable and insured shipping method as Olight and it’s dealers/distributors cannot be responsible for lost or damaged parcels.
    Big props to Batteryjunction.com (where I bought my Warrior) for getting this done! The original warranty basically only covered... aluminum. The new version covers ANYTHING so long as you didn't cause it through neglect or malice.

By the way, the R2 premium is 250 lumens, not 290.

Just got my R2 today from baterryjunction. Man this thing is sweet.
    "An armed society is a polite society"

Nice looking light.
    I'm still sticking with SureFire, though...my SF's are years old and have never had any problems. I've strayed from time to time with off brands, but most didn't last. Now I'm back to SureFire.
    I would be interested in a year's test to see just how well you light holds up...keep us posted.

Stay armed...stay bright...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links