Hope this is the right place, new camera

This is a discussion on Hope this is the right place, new camera within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; well its kinda related gear. its our new kodak MD1063 10.3mp cam, must say i love it and will be getting a new big gig ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hope this is the right place, new camera

Hope this is the right place, new camera

well its kinda related gear. its our new kodak MD1063 10.3mp cam, must say i love it and will be getting a new big gig mem card for it. so in the mean time here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure

U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

2. Remove Ads

IMO....Kodak is THE way to go!

i love it, im new at the whole taking sharp snazzy pictures, any recomendations on editing software or programs?
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Nice Kodak moment...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

umm thats one weird looking camera. looks just like a gun! hahah (yeah jk. im tired havent slept in 30hours)

cool feature :) camera lookin like a gun would scare people sh*tless during holiday photos..

"ok why dont you guys gather together there in to the corner, aunty milfred next to cousin vinny, closer ya all.. so i can get a good shot"

-cool photos thou.

Must have been a remotely held camera. I can see a round reflected off the inside of the barrel. Be careful placing yourself in front of a barrel, remember the 4 rules.

Oh, and you need to clean that barrel.

i had the camera on the ground and i was looking at the screen above and away from the line of fire. yeah thats a nice shot of the all day lint from my jacket
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Must have been a remotely held camera. I can see a round reflected off the inside of the barrel. Be careful placing yourself in front of a barrel, remember the 4 rules.

Oh, and you need to clean that barrel.
    Dang, you're right!!!

Be careful with that round in the chamber.

As far as photo editing software, I'm partial to Photoshop CS, however I suspect you don't want to spend a couple hundred bucks on it (and that's using an education discount). You can try Photoshop LE or Paint Shop Pro--both are good.

Have fun.

P.S. I'm kind of a camera geek myself. You can see some pictures of my 229 that I recently posted--they will display by clicking the underlined link in my signature.
    Sig Sauer P229 Elite imm Stainless - Click for pictures
    Sig Sauer P239 SAS II (SRT) 9mm with Crimson Trace Laser
    Sig Sauer Mosquito
    Spyderco Native(s)
    Surefire G2 LED Light
    ....I have the Signess.

Administrator
    Nice crisp photos. Congrats on the new camera.

thanks guys, i observe the safety rules when i takes these pics, im not the type to take one for the team just to get a good shot. but aside from that im been tinkering with editing programs and came up with this cool picture (currently my pc wallpaper)

U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor

I may take some flak for this, but a weapon will not discharge by itself, so taking a pic in front of it, loaded, is no more dangerous than empty. Most/all AD's were from a gun that was empty, right?
    Now, if someone were holding it when you took that pic, well, I doubt your that naive.
    A weapon must be handled to fire.

I gotta say, those last two pics where you can see the round in the chamber looking down the barrel... Creepy. I hope I never get that crisp of an image in any other circumstance!
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Rmac58 View Post
    I may take some flak for this, but a weapon will not discharge by itself, so taking a pic in front of it, loaded, is no more dangerous than empty. Most/all AD's were from a gun that was empty, right?
    Now, if someone were holding it when you took that pic, well, I doubt your that naive.
    A weapon must be handled to fire.
    No disrespect to the original poster, however I disagree with the "no more dangerous" part of the above post. For me, removing the mag should always be followed by checking to make sure the chamber is empty. By removing the mag, even just for a picture, you could easily fall into the trap of thinking the gun is unloaded (or someone else thinking the gun is unloaded). Generally speaking, for me, it is a bad practice.

Again, I'm not trying to be disrespectful to or judgmental of the original poster.
    Sig Sauer P229 Elite imm Stainless - Click for pictures
    Sig Sauer P239 SAS II (SRT) 9mm with Crimson Trace Laser
    Sig Sauer Mosquito
    Spyderco Native(s)
    Surefire G2 LED Light
    ....I have the Signess.

VIP Member
    Gun safety issues aside, those are nice artistic pics.

I really like the one where you heavily edited the image for effect.

(I have owned a digital camera for years but still can't exactly figure out how to use it except in full auto mode. Its the only full auto I'm able to have.)

Quote Originally Posted by SigSire View Post
    No disrespect to the original poster, however I disagree with the "no more dangerous" part of the above post. For me, removing the mag should always be followed by checking to make sure the chamber is empty. By removing the mag, even just for a picture, you could easily fall into the trap of thinking the gun is unloaded (or someone else thinking the gun is unloaded). Generally speaking, for me, it is a bad practice.

Again, I'm not trying to be disrespectful to or judgmental of the original poster.
    Could be wrong, but I don't think he did remove the mag. It looks to me from pic #2 that the magazine beside the pistol is a spare and he still has a mag in. And I agree that removing the mag could actually be more dangerous.... but I don't think rmac was saying that removing the magazine makes it safer; I think he was saying that as long as no one's handling it, it won't go off, loaded or unloaded, and since ND's always occur from handguns that we think are unloaded, it's better to *know* that it's loaded than think otherwise.
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links