Flashlight for around $100

This is a discussion on Flashlight for around $100 within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would like to get a flashlight, but don't want to spend TOO much(i.e. around $100) obviously I want it to be small and wearable, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flashlight for around $100

Flashlight for around $100

I would like to get a flashlight, but don't want to spend TOO much(i.e. around $100)

obviously I want it to be small and wearable, but very bright.

I prefer LED.

I've read a lot about Surefire, however I don't know what model would be good.

I would like one with a clip so I can just clip it on my belt or in my pocket.

Please let me know what you all would recommend for me!

Thanks

Toby

2. Remove Ads

Surefire E2D LED Defender
    Got it for $110 here:
    SureFire E2D LED Defender - Self Defense Flashlight
    Price seems to have gone up though. Look around and I'm sure you can find it for a lower price.

Very bright (120 lumens), crenellated bezel for CQ duty.
    HK45c V1

Chedck out the lights from Fenix. I bought a Fenix L2D from Fenix Flashlights, Cree Q5 LED, Lithium Batteries, Lithium Ion Batteries, Li-Ion Chargers, Leatherman Multitools, Spyderco Knives and more! and it's a terrific light. I think I paid $50-$60 for it. Has a Cree Q5 LED and runs on 2 AA batteries. Hits 180 lumens on turbo mode for over 2 hours and has 5 other output types including strobe in turbo mode The Fenix lights are one of the best values in personal lights IMHO.

Fenix Flashlight
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

You should check out Fenix flashlights. I bought a P3D several months ago and carry it in my pocket daily. VERY bright(200 lumens), a strobe for disorienting, and several lower settings if you twist the cap to just use it as a flashlight. It is about 4.5 inches long and is a breeze in my front pocket. The best part about it is the cost. I payed about $60 and couldn't be happier. A friend has a Surefire she payed $120 for and mine is both brighter and smaller. The quality is excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
    "I play for keeps."

GddyUp barely beat me to it. Seriously check out Fenix.
    "I play for keeps."

awesome thanks for the quick replies! Those fenix sure look nice =D

I haven't handled a fenix; although, I've heard nothing but good things from them. I own two Surefires, a L4 Lumamax and an E1B Backup. I carry the E1B in my pocket on a daily basis (utilizing the clip when wearing jeans, or just loose in my pocket with dress pants at work). These lights retail on Surefire's site for $175 and $150, respectively. I purchased both for under $100 on eBay.

Which light you choose really depends on what you're looking for. Do you want a thrower or a flood? As an example, my L4 is rated for 100 lumens and my E1B is rated for 80, but the E1B has a much brighter hot-spot with less spill, while the L4 is a wall of light with less throw. Another issue is battery choice. Do you mind paying $2 for a lithium-ion battery? Do you want a rechargeable battery? Is warranty an issue? Surefire's customer service has been top notch when I broke my tailcap (twice, actually). They just UPS'd me a new one within a week of notifying them that it stopped working.

CandlePowerForums - Powered by vBulletin is a great resource if you're interested in researching prior to purchasing anything. With that said, you can't really go wrong with a Surefire or a Fenix. Good luck!

+1 for Fenix.
    I have owed most of the better lights at one point or another and while I still love my Surefire Z2 (and keep one with my "night gun") my fenix gets carried daily.
    Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

I agree with rudy. I have both a Surefire L4 and an E1B. Lately I've been carrying the E1B because of its size. Both lights are great but the E1B has better throw.

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

I did some research before buying my Olight M20 Warrior R2 and believe it is near the top as far as price/features are concerned. The strobe feature is COOL.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ni-review.html
    "An armed society is a polite society"

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Umm, Fenix. Duh. If you want a clip and not a holster, I'd recommend the T1, TK10 or TK11. Check out the other lights as well, as they might have something to offer you as well.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

just ordered a Fenix p3d q5 for $59 shipped. Hopefully I'll like it :) Thanks for all the advice everyone!

ok just saw the tk10. I like that a lot better! canceling my order haha

I purchased a LED light from Lowes a few months ago that makes my Surefire look dim by comparison and I only paid $50 for it. It was made by a company called "Coast". My Surefire had the brighter reflector installed too.

Here's a link and it looks like they are in the process of changing their name:

P7 | LED Lenser High Performance

Not bad at 167 lumens either.

Technology:

http://ledlenserusa.com/technology.php

mkh
    I just got this from Target and I'm very happy with how bright the spot is.

Dorcy 160 lumen - Dorcy International - Flashlights, LED Flashlights, Flashlight Batteries, Flashlight Bulbs

A review of the 120 lumen version - Dorcy K2 Comparison Review - CandlePowerForums

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links