Night stand guns and lights.

This is a discussion on Night stand guns and lights. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does your home defense weapon have a light? Pistol or shot gun. Something that I have thought of more recently and attached my Light to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night stand guns and lights.

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar

Does your home defense weapon have a light? Pistol or shot gun. Something that I have thought of more recently and attached my Light to my
    XD 40. . This Article made me think. Thought you may need to do the same.

Rail Guns For Home Defense
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I've considered getting one. For now I use a surefire 6P LED.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

JD
    Administrator
    I have a Surefire on the shotgun and a hand held Surefire with the nightstand pistol.

Administrator
    I havent read your linked article yet, but I am a big believer in the WML. When I get home from work, my 220 with M3 goes to bed with me. Otherwise, my 870 also has an M3 mounted to it.

I know somebody eventually post about giving away your position and all that hogwash, but you wont do that if you use it correctly.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Wilson Combat custom 870 with a Surefire fore end, a Surefire light by the bed with either a SIG or Beretta with night sights within arm's reach.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Glock 36 and Surefire A2 with Streamlight Scorpian as backup light

Hand held light.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    My night stand gun: Full size .40 S&W M&P with night sights, rail light and Crimson Trace grips.
    For God, Family and Country!

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    My night stand gun: Full size .40 S&W M&P with night sights, rail light and Crimson Trace grips.
    Maybe I should add some CT grips!
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Kimber Desert Warrior, night sights, mounted Surefire X200B, and Surefire G2 Nitrolon or E2E Executive on night stand.

Remington 870 HD with XS Big Dot Tritium on front bead, it now has a Streamlight TLR-1 mounted on the tube just in front of the fore end. It's kept close by.

Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Night Light Positioning

I do not use a light, though I have a Mag Lite handheld. For in my home I did something a little different. Went to local hardware store and purchased some night lights. I put them such that if awakened in night, when get outside of master bedroom (across from 6 year old also) and look down long hallway, the light would be behind anyone approaching completely illuminating them. Yet looking towards me they cannot see anything but black! Do not plan on advancing; wife calls 911 and I take defensive position protecting the three of us. After hallway, there are more throughout other end of home. IF I needed to advance, I remove them as I walk by still giving me the best advantage in that I cannot be seen. Try it! Stand in light and look towards complete darkness and you will see a wall of black even if someone is standing up.

We are fortunate to live in a town with excellent police (wife one of them so they all know us) and 1 minute response time.

Outside of home, yard is lit up on all 4 corners by motion sensor floodlights as well, but do not plan on being out there. As for outside of home all together like shopping, we avoid unlit spaces and my Glock has Trijicon Night Sights. Remember I do have the flashlight if needed, so I do not say not to carry one. I just like having all hands free for the "baby".
    Last edited by concealed; January 3rd, 2009 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by concealed View Post
    I do not use a light, though I have a Mag Lite handheld. For in my home I did something a little different. Went to local hardware store and purchased some night lights. I put them such that if awakened in night, when get outside of room (across from 6 year old also) and look down long hallway, the light would be behind anyone approaching completely illuminating them. Yet looking towards me they cannot see anything but black! Do not plan on advancing; wife calls 911 and I take defensive position protecting the three of us. After hallway, there are more throughout other end of home. IF I needed to advance, I remove them as I walk by still giving me the best advantage in that I cannot be seen. Try it! Stand in light and look towards complete darkness and you will see a wall of black even if someone is standing up.

We are fortunate to live in a town with excellent police (wife one of them so they all know us) and 1 minute response time.

Outside of home, yard is lit up on all 4 corners by motion sensor floodlights as well, but do not plan on being out there. As for outside of home all together like shopping, we avoid unlit spaces and my Glock has Trijicon Night Sights. Remember I do have the flashlight if needed, so I do not say not to carry one. I just like having all hands free for the "baby".
    Sounds like you have it well planned. I will l.ook into the light scenarios in and out of house.

Lights

I have a 1 year old and a semi-disabled relative in my split plan house in addition to my wife and I. I can't afford a miss or a mistaken identity. I have an abundance of lights. I have Tactical Balls (seriously) FlashlightNews | Brite-Strike Expands Sales of Tactical Balls
    I have a Procyon on my dedicated HD Glock 17, it also has Tru Glo TFOs on it. I carry a Surefire L1 everyday and it's usually around at night. I also have a hand-held Surefire G3 with a120 lumen bulb. If it comes to a long gun, I have a Pentagon Light on one long gun, and a M3 on another.

I keep an M&P45 with a streamlight weapon light in my quick opening nightstand safe. I also keep my Custom II on top of the fridge(we have a 19 month old little boy running around) with a surefire M6 light. If I can't hit with the Custom II the M6 will blind them, big time.

I'm a big fan of WMLs:

SIG 220ST with Surefire X200B in nightstand W/Surefire Z2 LED
    Benelli M1S90 with Insight M3X
    Colt LE6920 with a Surefire X300

All will swap and I have a "spare" Insight M3. I normally carry a Surefire P6LED with my carry gun.

Chuck
    homo homini lupus est

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links