What's new at Sarge's Grips

This is a discussion on What's new at Sarge's Grips within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm leaving this morning for a short dive trip to the Sea of Cortez, so this will be the last pics until next monday. Dive ...

Page 22 of 80 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: What's new at Sarge's Grips

I'm leaving this morning for a short dive trip to the Sea of Cortez, so this will be the last pics until next monday. Dive trips are ALWAYS too short.
    Anyway, this set was just completed last night. I was reallyl trying to get this out before my trip so the customer didn't have to wait until I got back for his grips. He's a member of the railroad police, and is proud of it. He sent me the pins that he wanted inset in the grips, and I set them about 1/16" into the grips and then covered them with clear resin to make the panels smooth again. The material is Ivory paper micarta.
    Jerry, if you're looking, these are on their way. Enjoy them!
    Sarge

Sarge's Grips - grips that fit
    www.thefinergrain.com

2. Remove Ads

Sarge:
    They look great and I can't wait to see them on my Springfield. Thanks for the effort above and beyond for a total stranger. It's greatly appreciated and I will be dealing with you again. Look for my message in your email as well and thanks again.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Well, I made it to Denver so far. They have a great USO here if any of my service brothers find themselves passing through. About 7 hours from now I'll be IN the Sea of Cortez. If I can find some internet somewhere, I'll try to update from down there.
    Sarge
    www.thefinergrain.com

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge43 View Post
    Okay, here we go.....
    I found a block of Macassar Ebony which is normally beautiful on it's own. I noticed through all the thoroughseal that was coating it (about 1/8" thick) some indications of some wild patterning underneath. I snagged it, took it home and melted off the thoroughseal and went to the shop for a little investigative cutting. What you see in the pics is what waited underneath. The blanks that I cut from this block have been drying for almost a year with me anxiously waiting for them to be ready to use. Well worth the wait! Just look at this stuff! Wow!
    I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I do,
    Sarge

I just got the next set of grips off this blank! Beautiful presentation grade work. Almost too nice to put on my gun. But I'll post pics as soon as I do.

I'm leaving this morning for a short dive trip to the Sea of Cortez, so this will be the last pics until next monday. Dive trips are ALWAYS too short.
    Anyway, this set was just completed last night. I was reallyl trying to get this out before my trip so the customer didn't have to wait until I got back for his grips. He's a member of the railroad police, and is proud of it. He sent me the pins that he wanted inset in the grips, and I set them about 1/16" into the grips and then covered them with clear resin to make the panels smooth again. The material is Ivory paper micarta.
    Jerry, if you're looking, these are on their way. Enjoy them!
    Sarge

Sarge:
    If you're out there and not 20-30 feet beneath the Sea of Cortes, I got my grips today. What can I say; they fit perfectly and look great. They are just OUTSTANDING! Thank you.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

VIP Member
    Hi Sarge,
    Are you up to speed on grips for the HK P7 PSP yet?
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Just walked through the door from the airport and saw the reports on the grips received - I'm so glad you guys like them! I appreciate you letting me know!
    On the P7 grips - I am going to knock my day job from 5 days/week to 4 just so I can have more shop time and get new projects like that up and going. I purchased a P7 months ago just to use for fitting, but I simply haven't had the time yet. Hopefully this change will give me the time. I've also got plans for the BHP I bought as well as the Ruger .22's. I may just have to quit altogether and stay in my shop 24/7 to get done what I want to. It's very tempting at times.
    Thank you guys! I'll be back tomorrow with pics of new sets.
    Sarge
    www.thefinergrain.com

Back to it.....
    Today's set is done in English Walnut. I had a small be gorgeous block that I made a few custom order sets from and this set represents the last pieces of it. The English Walnut is typically a little heavier and harder than the usual black Walnut and in this block, some great figure and graining.
    Enjoy!
    Sarge

www.thefinergrain.com

Today is kind of a two-for-one deal. This first pic is of a matched pair of sets from the same block in the Macassar Ebony. I did turn them around from one set to the other just to be a little different, but that's about it.

The next pics are of a set of bobtailed grips in Afzelia Xylay. They are what I call "Tweeners" as they use the full size bushings, but are as thin as I can make them while holding to that. Between the slims and the full thickness grips, hence my brilliantly obscure name for them.
    Satin finish over the highly 3D wood grain doesn't take away from it at all. Beautiful stuff!
    Enjoy,
    Sarge

www.thefinergrain.com

Today is kind of a two-for-one deal. This first pic is of a matched pair of sets from the same block in the Macassar Ebony. I did turn them around from one set to the other just to be a little different, but that's about it.
    Beautiful!!!
    Sarge, you selling those a set or individually?
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Administrator

Thumbs up

Now....if I only had a pair of consecutive serial numbered Colt pistolas....wouldn't they be something to gawk at with these amazing handles?

DC Founder
    If individually available, I think I have finally found something I can't live without.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar

Those look killer Sarge!!

Thank you gentlemen! I'm glad you like them. Those sets were custom ordered by a customer to go on a matched set of weapons he had. I've got more of that wood type in the shop, obviously it's not the same graining, but the blocks I bought are ALL beautiful.
    www.thefinergrain.com

Todays sets are another kind of two for one deal in pics. Both sets were ordered by the same person for two Officer size .45's. The first set is Dymondwood and the second set is streaked buffalo horn over about 1/16" of black paper micarta for ultimate stability.
    I hope you like them!

Sorry for the poor lighting on the last pic. I'm no photographer.
    Sarge
    www.thefinergrain.com

Links