What's new at Sarge's Grips - Page 68

What's new at Sarge's Grips

This is a discussion on What's new at Sarge's Grips within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Morning Gents !!!.....I want to start off by saying I was in no means trying to stomp on anyones toes with my statements about your ...

Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1191
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: What's new at Sarge's Grips

Morning Gents !!!.....I want to start off by saying I was in no means trying to stomp on anyones toes with my statements about your grips.....they are beautiful. I have an ols 1911, but this one was brought home by my grandfather after he lost a leg at Pelieileu.....pardon my spelling guys, I know its not right, but its close....but anyway.....only thing that has changed on this pistol has been the SSN,,,,any of you whos ancestors brought guns home from the wars no what I mean !.....it stays oiled, fired a few times a year, cleaned, oiled and put up. I guess its from all the years in the Corps, every chance you get you clean your rifle/pistol.....because it wont be worth a ^&%% if its dirty and you pull the trigger and nothing happens....to know that no matter the circumstances, you pick up a weapon from one of your platoon, or any Marine for the most part, that it will fire every time....and will be just as accurate as any other you pick up. .....personally, I do really like my 1911, am more than a little fond of my M1A.......I do honestly wish I had any idea how many rounds I send downrange in my M14.....no better rifle, aside maybe the M1Garande........and the P220......biggest mistake the Services did was go to that pea shooter Baretta !!......glad we did not have to carry one.....anyway....enough rambling.......IV coffee tends to do that too me..........have a great day gents......................................SEMPER FI

I just appreciate fine cratsmanship.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Appreciate the reply, RM.

Have you ever had any of those weird spells when cleaning the guns is actually fun? I've had that happen before. Am I alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Nekron View Post
    Appreciate the reply, RM.

Have you ever had any of those weird spells when cleaning the guns is actually fun? I've had that happen before. Am I alone?
    Oh yeah, been there! Rest assured, you are not alone.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

I came home from the range monday after shooting the new Coonans and I pulled around 10 other pistols out along with them, and just sat on the floor cleaning pistols while I watched the NCAA championship game. No, you're not alone.
    More pics coming tonight, I just wondered if there were any more opinions on the mixed wood grips.
    Thanks guys!
    Sarge
    Sarge's Grips - grips that fit
    www.thefinergrain.com

Yeah, I still think a strip of purpleheart running across something dark (like walnut or something similar) would just look amazing.

Okay, todays post will show a couple of examples of inlaid medallions. The first set is Black Palm wood with Colt medallions inset and covered with clear acrylic, then finished. The second set is Gabon Ebony featuring a set of medallions depicting the customers Scottish family crest that he had custom made in solid silver. Again, inlaid and covered with clear acrylic. Both are cool, and I hope you enjoy them!
    Sarge

Bumper likes this.
    www.thefinergrain.com

Nice Sarge......do you do these yourself ??.....and if so how much would you hit me for say nice walnut, perhaps checkered, with the Marine Corps Eagle-globe and anchor medallion in them ???.....would be pretty darn close to the original set on the old work horse.......
    SEMPER FI

RM - I'm glad you like them, and yes, I do it myself. I own Sarge's grips and am the sole employee too. If I don't do it, it doesn't get done. ;) I do bring my youngest son out to work on pistol stands now and then, but that's about it.
    I really don't want this to become a sales thread, instead I'd like it to be a place to simply enjoy the materials. If you email me at elitewood@hotmail.com, I'd be glad to discuss what you may want in a set of grips.
    Thanks!
    Sarge
    www.thefinergrain.com

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge43 View Post
    Virtually every set of grips you have showcased are works of art, Sarge, but these still remain my favorites. Absolutely stunning set of grips....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Bumper, that was indeed a special piece of wood. I'm glad you enjoyed the beauty.
    Sarge
    www.thefinergrain.com

Todays wood is Baing Burl which is another wood from SE Asia. A very nice gold color and big burl swirls are the keynotes of this wood. Very lightweight, but yet, very tough.
    Beautiful and unique stuff!
    Sarge

www.thefinergrain.com

Todays set is gorgeous Redwood burl with a lace pattern. The lace variety means flowing rivers of graining running through and around many small burl eyes. It is wonderful stuff!
    Enjoy,
    Sarge

www.thefinergrain.com

Todays wood is Pommelle Bubinga. The "pommelle" refers to the figure pattern of the wood, which is much like what water flowing over pebbles looks like. Figured, deep bumps and valleys that are beautiful and eye catching. Bubinga, of course, is an African hardwood, and is a personal favorite of mine. A beautiful wood to be sure!
    Sarge

www.thefinergrain.com

Todays wood is Makore. Another wood with wonderful shimmering figure throughout, that just makes you stare and roll it around in the light. Gorgeous stuff!
    Enjoy,
    Sarge

www.thefinergrain.com

Links