What's new at Sarge's Grips

This is a discussion on What's new at Sarge's Grips within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Greetings All, I am new to the forum but I received something in the mail from Sarge yesterday that I just had to show them ...

Page 72 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1191
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: What's new at Sarge's Grips

New Grips!

Greetings All,

I am new to the forum but I received something in the mail from Sarge yesterday that I just had to show them off. Iíve wanted to order custom grips for my Kimber Ultra Raptor II for several months now and finally decided on Pommelle Bubinga with Daily Carry stippling. After several anxious weeks they finally arrived and they are exactly what I was looking for. This is my daily carry so I wasnít looking for grips that should be in a showcase, just something that looked good cosmetically and, more importantly, were functional. I have read in many posts that the pictures donít do Sargeís grips justice and that is very true. The Pommelle Bubinga wood just shimmers like crazy as the weapon is tilted back and forth. The daily carry stippling is awesome. Just like Sarge says in his video, it provides traction where you need it without covering up the beauty of the wood. The alignment of the grips is absolutely incredible, no more rough edges that make getting a good, comfortable grip next to impossible.

Sarge Ė Phenomenal job with gorgeous wood. From one Soldier to another, thanks for your service. My hat is off to you.

Ok, I have followed the instructions on how to post pics but for some reason itís not working. Anybody know the secret?
    Gun control means being able to hit your target. If I have a 'hot button' issue, this is definitely it. Don't even think about taking my guns. My rights are not negotiable, and I am totally unwilling to compromise when it comes to the Second Amendment.
    Michael Badnarik

2. Remove Ads

Thank you Dave, I'm glad that you like the grips! Thank you for your service also!
    Sorry I haven't been around much, I got home from one dive trip and am getting ready to take the whole family on the annual big dive trip next week, and have been running 24/7 it seems to get things done while I'm here.
    Today, I am putting up pics of some Amboyna Burl that is absolutely PACKED with burl eyes. You can't fit any more in there! It's special and beautiful stuff! I hope you enjoy the pics!
    Sarge

Sarge's Grips - grips that fit
    www.thefinergrain.com

Todays wood is Sappele Pommelle. The pommelle refers to the figure shown in the wood, which is much like water flowing over pebbles. Unfortunately, I can't capture it anywhere near enough to do it justice with my poor camera skills. I hope you can get a hint of what the wood contains.
    Enjoy!
    Sarge

www.thefinergrain.com

Finally back and with drill duty done for a few weeks, I can hopefully get back to a normal schedule again! Todays set is some ultra figured Mango. The customer wanted me to inset some Wilson Combat medallions, and the pics show the results. Enjoy!
    Sarge

www.thefinergrain.com

Again, it's not a 1911, but the Sig P238 is a player in the BUG market and this set is made for it. Mulloccan Ebony is an interesting wood with ghostly black veining running through a duller red colored wood. This set is crosscut. I hope you enjoy the beauty!
    Sarge
    www.thefinergrain.com

Todays wood is Borneo Rosewood. Gorgeous red color with small black ribbons running along the graining. It's look on a black frame is just flat out cool! I hope you enjoy the pics!
    Sarge

www.thefinergrain.com

Had a weekend sale that many people took advantage of, I hope you all like your grips!
    Todays wood is figured Jarrah from Australia. I used to have a bunch of this in the shop, but thought I was out until I found this piece sitting in a corner of the shop. It's beautiful wood with a dull red color and great curl figure throughout. It's also a hard wood. A beautiful choice for grip panels!
    Enjoy the pics!
    Sarge

www.thefinergrain.com

How about some beautiful Walnut Burl? This all American wood can display some stunning color ranges and patterns. I wish my photography skills could do it justice, but there is a reason I have a wood shop and NOT a photography studio. ;)
    Enjoy the pics!
    Sarge

www.thefinergrain.com

So nice!

Todays wood is Spalted Tamarind (or Tamarin, depending on your dealer ). I have loced this wood since the first time I worked with it. Great creamy color that is cut by the fine line spalting. When crosscut, it always reminds me of a pirate map. This set is grain cut (not crosscut), but still shows the beauty of the wood. Enjoy the pics!
    Sarge

www.thefinergrain.com

Administrator
    Glad to see that you're back to posting grip pics. Great stuff & the Spalted Tamarind grips are super neat. Love the beautiful spalt lines.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

A little time off - the Sea of Cortez was calling!
    Glad you like them QKS!
    Sarge
    www.thefinergrain.com

Todays set is Walnut. Walnut comes in such a wide variety of everything, that truly, every set is unique. Some of it's hard as rock, some so soft you can gouge it with your fingernail. Some is totally bland, while some is so visually busy that you just can't see everything there is in there. Some light grey, some an off black deep, dark bown and everything in between. Walnut is one of those woods that is often overlooked simply because it's so prevalent that people "forget" about it. Hiding in plain sight. This set features some very cool pattern and colors, as well as a light touch of curl figure to it. Just enough to catch your eye. I hope you enjoy it!
    Sarge

www.thefinergrain.com

Todays set is a cool, natural two tone Maple burl. More accurately, burl below, heartwood above, giving the two tone look. Cool and beautiful stuff!
    Enjoy,
    Sarge

www.thefinergrain.com

Todays wood is what I call "dirty" Birds Eye Maple. Nothing at all wrong with it, but it does have some color to it instead of being the crisp, lighter color of some BEM. More of a rustic look, it's perfect for some pistols. Enjoy the pics!
    Sarge

www.thefinergrain.com

Links