Defensive Carry banner

Need help from PT99 expert

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  pastorgman 
#1 ·
I just purchased a PT99 AF and read how Taurus purchased Beretta factory in Brazil. Many say PT99 is a run off from Beretta 92. So here is my question: I have laser CTC LG-202 that are made for the Beretta 92/96 series as well as M9...will this laser grip fit the PT99 since so many say they're very similar? Thank you for any helpful input and forgive if I posted in wrong forum. Email me at centexlan@juno.com

#2 ·
When I was grip shopping for my PT99 I had to avoid the Beretta 92/96 grips as they dont have a recess \ grove to allow for the decocker on the PT99.

Remember on the Beretta the Safety \ Decocker is mounted on the slide so is clear of the grips.

In saying that Im currently using Pachmyer Signature grips, which are great, although they add more width to an already bulky gun so reccomended for medium to large hands.

If youre not using the PT99 for CCW and dont mind a bit more bulk there are plenty of laser kits you can get for mouting on the PT99 lower tac rail, this might also add some extra weight up the front of the gun which can help reduce muzzle flip.

I recall seeing a couple an NC Star package that integrated a tactical light and laser in one unit, very cool.

#3 ·
Appreciate your advice

The PT99 that I purchased does not have a decocker; older model. Neither does it have rail system. It has wood grips which look nice. I like the Pachmyr wrap around type so I'll take your advice and get those and opt for some other type of laser. Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.