Defensive Carry banner

Omega Custom Grips Grips Lots for CZ

11K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  tegemu 
#1 ·
CLICK HERE To Go To The Gallery Pages

They seem to have lots of various CZ grips & Witness, 1911 & others.
Lots of good exotic woods...Desert Ironwood ~ Ebony ~ Satinwood ~ Rosewood. SO MANY different beautious woods!

BTW ~ I know nothing about this company.
Any forum member...report in...if you have ordered from or are using grips made by them. Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:usflag: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See less See more
#2 ·
They are top quality grips. He takes pride in his work. Along with Hakan and Tom at Viking grips you can't go wrong with any of the 3 makers. You can find comments and pics on his work at this forum.
http://www.cz-usa.com/05.06.frameset.php

Tom at http://www.viking-grips.com/ also makes some fine grips. He recently made a set of the stippled red oak grips for my CZ 75B 9mm and I couldn't be happier. Both are great people to deal with. Here's the set he made for me

#3 ·
Following Krang's comments about the great names in grips - can we for completeness include Ahrends also?

I do not have any but hear very good things.

Nice grips Krang - some aesthetics but also seemingly excellent ergonomics as well.

#4 ·
Thanks P95. All my guns usually are in black and used for ccw. This is the 1st time I've gone with the flashier grips. The stippling really improves the grip of the gun and feels really good in my hand. The grips are almost exactly like the original grips that came with the gun. I like the edge right below the safety, as it makes a nice rest for my thumb. I'm vey pleased with the look and the feel. It's the first time my wife had a positive comment about my pistols. :biggrin2:

#5 ·
Thanks Krang & (of course) Chris

It's really worth it to view their gallery.
Even just to see the various exotic woods "on pistol" ~ I LOVE just looking at pics of firearms (in general) so I ALWAYS look at the web site galleries.
Thanks for the timely "heads up" Krang.

#8 ·
Following Krang's comments about the great names in grips - can we for completeness include Ahrends also?
Reiterating my question from post #3!! :wink:

#10 ·
I have a feeling there is no site for Ahrends - being a small concern with orders made over the phone.

May be wrong on that but - over last year or two I have read a number of glowing reports. If I am not mistaken a member on THR (DHart - who takes superb pics) has a good number of these.

#12 ·
Just got my new grips from Omega. I have to say first that these pictures do not do justice to them. They smoothed the fit of the grip in my hand from 'pretty friggin good' down to 'like a glove' Overall I am very pleased. The fit was a TINY bit off, but nothing that five minutes with a scrap of sandpaper didn't fix. The symbol on the bottom of the grip is an hourglass, the only reason it's blurry is my photographic ability NOT Omegas craftsmanship!

Plus it's my first time posting picts here...go easy on me if it doesn't work. :embarassed:

#15 ·
P95Carry said:

I do not have any but hear very good things.

Nice grips Krang - some aesthetics but also seemingly excellent ergonomics as well.

Sorry I didn't see this before. I bought a pair of Ahrend's "Tactical" Gaboon Ebony grips for my SA Champion a few years ago. Tactical is his 50/50 checkered pattern much like Bob's Wilson with Hakan Pek grips. I was extremely pleased with the quality but recently sold them on the 1911 Forum to generate some quick cash. I wouldn't hestitate to buy Ahrend's again.

Bought mine through http://www.pickagrip.com

To the best of my knowledge, Kim Ahrends no longer has a website but text only catalogues are available free of charge.

Ahrends Grips
310 Central Ave. E.
P.O. Box 203
Clarion, IA 50525
(515) 532-3449
(515) 532-3926 (fax)

#18 ·
Those are awesome, Betty! They almost look as good as mine. :stups: The ironwood makes for a truly unique presentation. I love mine, and they're now on my Kimber Pro CDP II. :yup:

#22 ·
I have been trying unsuccessfully for two weeks to get in contact with omege8omega. Can someone please guide me to a correct email address or an address that will get me to the website.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.