Clipdraw for home use?

Clipdraw for home use?

This is a discussion on Clipdraw for home use? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been trying to figure out here to stage a pistol or two in my house where they would be easy to get at ...

Clipdraw for home use?

I have been trying to figure out here to stage a pistol or two in my house where they would be easy to get at but also hidden from prying eyes. I decided that the first two spots should be between my nightstand and bed and second should be between my desk and the wall. There is enough space in both these spots to comfortably draw a properly mounted handgun without snagging on anything and yet they would still be concealed from casual observation.

At first I considered getting a couple of cheap basic pouch type holsters and, if necessary, nailing them into the right spot. But for the nightstand rig I would sort of like a light/laser attatched to the gun for night use and try finding a cheap holster that would accomidate that.

Then I came across the Clipdraw (www.clipdraw.com). A little clip, like the one that winds up on most knives these days, for your gun. I saw an ad for them a month or two back and didn't think much of having an un-holstered gun in my pants so I forgot about them until now.

I could easily mount a 2-3 inch section of belt leather or something and just clip this right on it. That allows me to keep the light/laser combo for night use and I don't have to replace an entire holster if I get a new gun.

Comments? Anybody tried a setup like this? Of course since I only have one gun so far I will simply have to get a second for this rig.

For what they are designed to do, I don't like the clipdraw idea. Having an exposed trigger on a carry gun scares me. For this idea, having one securely cliped behind a nightstand may be a good way to go, depending on the circumstances... You don't have kids around the house, do you?

I use a nightstand lock box. With four kids, plus the neighborhood kids that are always running around the house, I keep weapons either under my direct control, or locked up.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

The Clipdraw idea looks like it would be a convent way to hang a gun. Provided you don't have to secure the weapon from little hands. Would you be locking up the guns when you are not in the house? If not I would suggest it. Just in case some one where to get in to the house in your absents.

The "Mexican carry" is for the what a bes that don't mind risking, blowing off important body parts. You know gang banger types.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Nope, no children and rarely any visitors. And yes to locking the guns up while nobody was home. Before I get anything else I need to get at least a small safe.

one additional option that i am going to use for my carry gun to make it quick and easy to get to. and would semi-negate the need for locking them up is to mount a 'dummy' fusebox in a closet, under a picture, etc. you or BG open the panelbox door it looks like a regular circuit box, no big deal. but lift the circuit panel up and theres yer guns and accessories.!
    it'll save me from constantly opening my safe and if ya are non the wiser, its just a circuit panel.
    may take a lil fab work to mount the hinges on the circuit panel itself but i can do that. and they are only from $10 to $40 depending on the size. then mount a few breakers in it (non-functioning of course) done!
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

From time to time I carry a S&W Model 60 with a 3" barrel using the Clipdraw and it works just fine. Can't say more than that about it
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

That's a great idea SOLOLUCKY. I'm sorry, but I think I'm going to have to steal it.I also see a trip to Home Depot in the near future.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Chance,
    I have a cheap holster attached to my bedframe that is large enough to accomodate a compact gun with a light attached (CZ P-01 with an M-3). When I get home I'll see what make it is.

Chance,

Here's the holster. It is made of nylon, with a metal clip on one side and a sewn strap on the other. The maker is Double Triple.

good ideas
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

a1c lickey,
    glad ya liked the idea.
    hey when ya get'er mounted/installed let us know how "stealthy" it turns out.
    should post some pics myself but i think the idea gets across just fine.
    good luck with yer "project"

always kinda like the "hide it in plain sight" idea.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

SOLO.. awesome idea with the fuse box I'm also heading out to Home Depot...
    "Stay Alert, Stay Alive"

Links