Need new boots

This is a discussion on Need new boots within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any body have any recommendations for a decent brand of boots that will last more than a year. I need black, waterproof, sidezip boots. I've ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need new boots

Need new boots

Any body have any recommendations for a decent brand of boots that will last more than a year. I need black, waterproof, sidezip boots. I've tried Bates and Magnum and haven't had any luck with either.
    We the willing, being guided by the unknowing, Doing impossible feats, for the ungrateful, Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
    We now feel qualified to do, absolutely anything, with literally nothing

2. Remove Ads

take a look at Rocky or 5.11, I work Fire/EMS and these are the brands that the dept wears, very comfortable and they last. here are links to the two different styles. Rocky Men's Waterproof Zipper Paraboots , 5.11 ATAC 8" Side Zip Boot

hope this helps
    Give me my guns and my right to keep and bear arms, and they can keep their change.

Try Original SWAT boots. Our tactical tracking team puts alot of miles on our boots, Original SWAT boots last and they support your feet.

Original SWAT

www.kcsosheriff.com
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

I can highly recommend the Blackhawk Warrior Wear boots. I have a pair and I have 2 others still in the box and just waiting for the years to pass by and the current boots to wear out. They are water proof and are with out a doubt, the most comfortable boots I have ever worn. Every step feels like I am walking on a mattress. They are that cushioned and soft inside.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    If you are flexible about the side zip feature Danner is the winner.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

+1 with for the Blackhawk Warrior Wear boots. I wear the Desert Ops boots with my uniform and they are super comfortable. I retire in 5 months and plan on taking a job in the "sandbox" as a contractor: I will be taking these boots with me.

Also take a look Belleville boots. I wore these until we switched to the new uniforms. These are very comfortable and waterproof. I've worn these all day for days at a time with no pain or blisters on my feet.

Having tested 6 different brands of boots, i would recommend the Black Hawk warrior boots or the Danner TFX boots as the over all best boot. I had a really nice pair of 5.11 boots at one point but they just didn't last although they were the most comfortable boot i've ever worn.

By the way, if you want boots to last more then a year id highly recommend you get them with out the side zipper. Not only for the increase in use you're get out of them, but also to keep the mud and water out to a high degree.

Mo
    Quote Originally Posted by J man View Post
    take a look at Rocky or 5.11, I work Fire/EMS and these are the brands that the dept wears, very comfortable and they last. here are links to the two different styles. Rocky Men's Waterproof Zipper Paraboots , 5.11 ATAC 8" Side Zip Boot

hope this helps
    I've got the 6" ATACs on right now and I've been home from work for 3 hours. They're that freakin' comfortable. No idea if the taller side zips offer the same comfort but I'd bet they do. Can't go wrong with these things.

Boots

Danner is great, but expensive. For inexpensive but quality and durable, try Sears Die Hard boots. Believe it or not, they are shoe-constructed boots and I've worn them almost every shift at the FD for just over 6 years and they're still going strong. No cracks, no bad stitches, nothing. Only shoe-constructed boots I can say that about:
    DieHard Duty 8 in. Lace-To-Toe Boot, Black - Model B0003 at Sears.com

VIP Member
    I wear these 5.11 side zip boots and really like them.

ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    I've got the 6" ATACs on right now and I've been home from work for 3 hours. They're that freakin' comfortable. No idea if the taller side zips offer the same comfort but I'd bet they do. Can't go wrong with these things.
    just to put your mind at ease, yes the 8" ATAC's are just as comfortable. I got to try on both a couple of weeks ago when our dealer came down for our spring uniform order
    Give me my guns and my right to keep and bear arms, and they can keep their change.

I've been wearing the 5.11 8-inch Sleet boots everyday now for 3 months and I love them.

I bought mine from OpticsPlanet.net who is also a forum sponsor.
    Life Member: Grass Roots North Carolina, GOA | Member: NRA
    Carrying: Springfield Armory XD(M) .40 S&W | Kel-Tec PF9

Another Danner fan. And yes, they have a side-zip model.
    God, country, family.

do the 5.11's usually fit true-to-size?

Love my redwings but dont know if they have what you'll be looking for. My dad is a firefighter and has always bought the harley boots with the zippers for when he is on duty.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links