Tactical glove question

Tactical glove question

This is a discussion on Tactical glove question within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello to all. I am trying to find out the manufacturer of the tactical gloves this soldier is wearing in the picture. If any one ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tactical glove question

Tactical glove question

Hello to all. I am trying to find out the manufacturer of the tactical gloves this soldier is wearing in the picture. If any one knows what brand of glove this is I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trebla View Post

Hello to all. I am trying to find out the manufacturer of the tactical gloves this soldier is wearing in the picture. If any one knows what brand of glove this is i would bevery grateful. Thanks in advance!!
    If you look at the glove you should spot the letter O which is the logo for Oakley. Not sure if you can get them through their regular sales dep, but I know you can get them through government sales.

Lead Moderator
    Oakley.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Huzar: I saw the letter "O" but I didn't think Oakley made tactical equipment. Thanks for the information!!

Huzar: I saw the letter "O" but I didn't think Oakley made tactical equipment. Thanks for the information!!
    Oakley has a pretty big group that deals with tactical stuff (mainly glasses). Anyways, here's the link to the gloves. I own a pair (ok, after TSA got done with my luggage last time I flew, half a pair) and while they seem like they'd be nice if you had to let someone get a closer look at your knuckles, the finish on the tip fingers makes it hard to do a quick draw and getting your finger into the trigger guard (glove is a bit bulky) but overall they're nice, comfy and vented for warm weather.

Rocky: Thank you!!

Huzar: Would you recommend them for the use of range time with an AR-15? I see them in alot of the Special Ops advertisements, so I figured i give them a try.

Rocky: Thank you!!

Huzar: Would you recommend them for the use of range time with an AR-15? I see them in alot of the Special Ops advertisements, so I figured i give them a try.
    Hmmm tough one. I think that for range time they might not be the best choice, though don't take me wrong, they're great "overal" gloves. The problem that I've ran into is that when I had my hand on the grip and the finger on the trigger I could feel a bit of pressure from the knuckle pieces (hard to explain better). The comfortable position" is with palms and fingers gently curved not bent to trigger position. Anyways, I'm looking to replace mine with something different (not too sure with what yet though).

For 10 years now these have been my choice...

10 Zero
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    For 10 years now these have been my choice...

10 Zero
    Can you comfortably draw and fire a handgun with those? I'm looking for a light pair of gloves to give me at least a little insulation in the winter, but with no significant loss of dexterity for shooting a Glock.

VIP Member
    Try Hatch, Blackhawk, and several other "tactical" glove makers - there are a number of different styles out there - one might be better suited for you than another.

I wear the "normal" Nomex/leather flight gloves, and have for almost 20 years now. I cut the trigger finger off at the second knuckle, because ANY gloves play hell on my trigger manipulation and manual dexterity. In extreme cold climes, I put a pair of ultra-thin polypro glove liners on underneath the flight gloves, and this seems to work out quite well.

One caveat - flight gloves can tent to "unravel" at the cut point. I solve this problem with 100mph tape, but you can buy flight gloves (and other styles) with extra stitching bands that prevent unravelling when you cut off the fingers.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I own a set of black Oakley gloves. I like them so much that I just ordered another set of the desert colored gloves.

If you're military or govenement they give a great discount but you have to prove this. I ordered mine though this program.

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    Can you comfortably draw and fire a handgun with those? I'm looking for a light pair of gloves to give me at least a little insulation in the winter, but with no significant loss of dexterity for shooting a Glock.
    They're my tac team glove of choice and the answer is yes.

If you're only looking for a little insulation try runners gloves. In civilian clothes, I wear Under Armour liner gloves that are thin and have a tacky pattern on the palm.

I also think the trick with using gloves with a handgun is that they should be downsized so they're skin tight with no excess finger length. They will then loosen up just a bit to be a perfect fit.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    If you're only looking for a little insulation try runners gloves. In civilian clothes, I wear Under Armour liner gloves that are thin and have a tacky pattern on the palm.

I also think the trick with using gloves with a handgun is that they should be downsized so they're skin tight with no excess finger length. They will then loosen up just a bit to be a perfect fit.
    Ok, thanks for the tip -- I may try these. There's a dealer in town.

Huzar: Thanks for the heads up on the knuckle area. I am going to give them a try and hopefully I experience the same thing. Sometimes it depends on the shape and size of your hands when it comes down to different brand gloves fitting just right.

Sixgunner: I want the black ones myself. I think the look awesome especially with an AR-15 in hand. The Desert tan is a winner as well. So you have no problem loading mags, manipulating triggers etc.?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links