CR123A Batteries (best deal)

This is a discussion on CR123A Batteries (best deal) within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know where to get good deals on CR123A batteries (both rechargeable and non-rechargeable)? Hopefully at least decent quality batteries. Thanks!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone know where to get good deals on CR123A batteries (both rechargeable and non-rechargeable)? Hopefully at least decent quality batteries. Thanks!
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Brightflashlights

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    Does anyone know where to get good deals on CR123A batteries (both rechargeable and non-rechargeable)? Hopefully at least decent quality batteries. Thanks!
    Checkout Brightflashlights

I buy Surefire by the dozen at my local PD supplier.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

At BatteryJunction you can get 'em for 98 cents a piece (shipping is a little steep though). 20 shipped for $29.44.

Obviously the more you buy the less the shipping seems to matter... but not bad overall.

I only get my CR123's from Botach Tactical. They have pretty cheap bulk prices, but if you join their mailing list, a couple of times a year they have CR123's on sale at a price you can not beat anywhere else. Sometimes as cheap as 68 cents a piece.

Decent price anytime, but since I buy in bulk I usually have time to wait for one of their sales at the great price. Sometimes the brand will change but it's always been Sanyo, Sure Fire, Duracell or Energizers that I get on sale.

You can check out their current supply of batteries here.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

is there a big difference between brands?
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I only get my CR123's from Botach Tactical. They have pretty cheap bulk prices, but if you join their mailing list, a couple of times a year they have CR123's on sale at a price you can not beat anywhere else. Sometimes as cheap as 68 cents a piece.

Decent price anytime, but since I buy in bulk I usually have time to wait for one of their sales at the great price. Sometimes the brand will change but it's always been Sanyo, Sure Fire, Duracell or Energizers that I get on sale.

You can check out their current supply of batteries here.
    I also recommend Botach Tactical. The last time I ordered batteries I got a 50 pack for $39 IIRC, The brand was Ultra Last photo lithium, they are a off brand of the energizer photo lithium but have worked great with my pelician m6
    Give me my guns and my right to keep and bear arms, and they can keep their change.

Watch the expiration date. Often the great deals are almost expired.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

VIP Member
    And buy quality brands. El Cheapo Chinese import may go bad suddenly and burst open ruining your expensive light. I don't use anything in my lights but surefire or streamlight.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Take a look at batteryspace.com

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Watch the expiration date. Often the great deals are almost expired.
    Very good point Husker... So far, that hasn't been a problem with the batteries I've gotten at Botach.

Not that it can't happen, but I've bought lots of 20 - 25 at a time from them on 3 occasions over the last 10 years and always been satisfied.

At any rate it sure beats $10/ 2 pk at Walmart.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Lead Moderator
    I would suggest skipping the rechargeable version, unless someone with a good rep is now making them. I tried the el cheapo version of the rechargeable 123. They worked for a while but got weak quickly.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

After reading a bunch of independant tests on a few sites by battery and flashlight geeks I started buying from these guys.

CR123A Batteries CR123 Batteries CR123A Battery CR123 Battery

Their house brand batteries have been outperforming most of the name brands like Surefire which is what I used to use. So far I agree with the reviewers!

Edited to add: These batteries are even made in the good ol' USA, Who'da thunk!
    Last edited by ELCruisr; March 5th, 2009 at 05:02 PM.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Complete Battery Source
    Rob is a great guy and he has everything, reasonably priced as well.
    Tell him "Big Dog" sent you
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Thanks for all the help everyone!
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links