Pants

Pants

This is a discussion on Pants within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am a little guy (5'9" 150lbs) and I only have 31" of "waist room" to hold things. When I put my defensive light, pistol, ...

Thread: Pants

Pants

I am a little guy (5'9" 150lbs) and I only have 31" of "waist room" to hold things. When I put my defensive light, pistol, spare mags, and cell phone on there it looks like I am poorly impersonating batman...and the weight and space required is just plain uncomfortable.

I found these great pants that I am going to order today from lapolicegear. They have organizers in the pockets and everything..well here see for yourself..should make GREAT CCW pants!

Operator Tactical Pants NEW ITEM
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckledrager View Post
    Eh..no thanks. They have to be kidding...$98+shipping for a pair of pants?!?! Not to mention they have no holsters/equipment holders in the cargo pockets. I like the organizer system that comes in the ones I have. Not to mention they were $18+shipping...

VIP Member
    I have a pair and I like them. The pocket setup is a real help. The material that they are made from is not as sturdy as that of my Proppers, but the LAPG are listed as warm weather wear. I like the extra pockets and the loops. One thing though is that they really are the inseam length listed. My Proppers are listed as 30" inseam and I normally wear 31" but they fit perfectly. The LAPG pair are a little short at 30". Overall well worth the price.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

The LApolicegear pants are very similar to the new style military pants.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyglock View Post
    I am a little guy (5'9" 150lbs) and I only have 31" of "waist room" to hold things. When I put my defensive light, pistol, spare mags, and cell phone on there it looks like I am poorly impersonating batman...and the weight and space required is just plain uncomfortable.

I found these great pants that I am going to order today from lapolicegear. They have organizers in the pockets and everything..well here see for yourself..should make GREAT CCW pants!

Operator Tactical Pants NEW ITEM
    Post up what you think of those pants. I'm a cargo-pant-aholic. Just the sight of those organizers in the side pockets makes me think about ordering 3 or 4 pairs. I'm not thrilled with the near-ankle pockets though - seems overboard for my work environment (IT for a University - business casual dress code). Still, I'm never without my iPhone, Surefire G2 LED, and fullsize Leatherman. CCW is a no-no on campus. I figure with that compliment of tools, and my "dress shoe" Danner steeltoe hikers, I'm not totally defenseless.

I've found great pants @ the Goodwill. Found some great pants that have all kind of pockets Denim(sp), and Kahki. None of the pants were more the $8 dollars. Also got a nice thick belt (pretty darn close to some gun belts) for only $7.00. Four pairs of pants spacific for CC purposes and a belt for under 30 bones. Been sporting them for close to a year now, love 'em. I'm 5'8 160. I get size 34 for extra space and comfort...normally wear a 32.

Cheap pants

While missing the pocket organizers I pick up several pairs of Dockers at Academy when they go on sale, about twice a year, for under $5.00 a pair. They are cargo pants and leave plenty of room for my toys when I am not at work.

Searn

Quote Originally Posted by Hiker View Post
    Post up what you think of those pants. I'm a cargo-pant-aholic. Just the sight of those organizers in the side pockets makes me think about ordering 3 or 4 pairs. I'm not thrilled with the near-ankle pockets though - seems overboard for my work environment (IT for a University - business casual dress code). Still, I'm never without my iPhone, Surefire G2 LED, and fullsize Leatherman. CCW is a no-no on campus. I figure with that compliment of tools, and my "dress shoe" Danner steeltoe hikers, I'm not totally defenseless.
    OK as requested here is a small review:

Initial impression on these pants was that they were well made, and lightweight. They weighed less than a pair of jeans, which was nice (especially when you are going to put pounds of gear in them). The pocket organizers are awesome. It the left leg I keep two glock magazines, which means that these pants are a go for double stack mags, and in the middle I keep my Surefire G2LED light. This is ideal because the pants are made with a slit in the top of the pocket so that you do not have to open the noisy velcro flap to get your light, just reach through the top. Very quick and convenient. The organizers are on both sides of the pants, and on the left I keep my folding knife and leatherman. I am looking for some OC to keep int here as well. I dont use the pockets near the bottom of the pants, there just is no use for them. The pants are made of a ripstop material, and I was really impressed with the composition. Overall, a great pair of pants for $18. They DID run smaller than the size I ordered, which I expected because the ad disclosed that fact. I ordered a size larger.

I have worn everything over the years. Now all I wear is the Woolrich Elite Line. I buy three pairs of pants and shorts...wear them out and repeat. They last about a year (all I wear) and even when they eventually wear out in the crotch I can pour water on them and watch it bead up. Their subpocket in the back is great for creds, saps, radios etc.
    http://www.woolricheliteseriestactic...weightpant.htm

Where do you find the best prices on the Woolworths Mercop? There isn't a dealer listed in Arizona.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Just google them. I saw a few dozen dealers.

Thanks! I just ordered me some. I will try them out and tell you how I like them.
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Administrator
    I like the Woolrich Elite. They wear well and are very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyglock View Post
    OK as requested here is a small review: (snip)
    Thanks for the review. I may pick up a pair to try out the pocket organizers. Seems like a great idea.

Sponsored Links