Performance t-shirts

This is a discussion on Performance t-shirts within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking at the performance t-shirts like Under Armour for the warmer months in CO. Of the folks that use them what is ...

Thread: Performance t-shirts

Performance t-shirts

I have been looking at the performance t-shirts like Under Armour for the warmer months in CO. Of the folks that use them what is your opinion?

I don't do "hot" weather well. Now that I am carrying, having more than just a cotton T, and shorts on, is forcing me to looking for ways to stay cooler.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    I use underarmor alot. It help wick sweat off ya and make you feel cooler. Also for chafe protction when I am carrying IWB. I have so many uses for my underarmor -hunting, kayaking, hiking as well as CCW. This fabric is great. They make a loose fit t too if you don't have that sculptured god look .

Senior Moderator
    I wear UnderArmour underneath my ballistic vest everythime I put it on. As Rocky mentioned, it wicks away sweat better than anything else Ive tried. Wearing a vest will make you hot and I sweat like a pig with it anytime its over 70 degrees. A regular T shirt will get wet and stay wet. With the UA t it never gets wet and it feels much better.

It works better by wearing it underneath a shirt than it does by itself and it will keep a gun from rubbing you raw...escpecially if you're sweating all over it.

Interesting, do you guys have a link to the Under Armour tee's?

I have some golf shirts that are of similer material if not the exact material as the UA possibly. Golf and Beyond..... makes them and is the only thing I will wear anymore to play golf if it's hot because I sweat pretty good and I can't stand a cotten shirt to be weat and sticking to me all day.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    I used to wear the stuff when I played football, now i wear it under my hunting clothes. I really like the stuff. Go get some, I promise you will like it.
    Curry

Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Thanks Aaron,

Question - with the type of material UA uses will the white shirts show through does anybody know? As in can you see your carry piece?

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I would suggest that you take a look at the other brands. Nike makes them and they have several brands in Academy,Wally Woild,Sears,and several other stores. They will be as much as $5-$8 cheeper than Under Armor. I believe all this type of stuff is made outta Lycra(Licra) ?? --------

Links