Considering light..

Considering light..

This is a discussion on Considering light.. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey friends, I am considering a light. I started out with a mag light, but recently seen the sure E2d (i guess this is right) ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Considering light..

Considering light..

Hey friends, I am considering a light. I started out with a mag light, but recently seen the sure E2d (i guess this is right) when in my doctors office. This light could be used as a pummel if needed. Guys and Gals, what is the price for this light and where is the best place to order one. I figure with this light along with my knife and pistol will provide me three options. And, in situation where a pistol is not allowed I have the light and knife and spray.

We live in a world that is getting worse everyday. Protect yourself and stay safe.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Lead Moderator
    for the exec. about $70 or so. A 6P would be a bit cheaper and larger. either 1 should work well for ya. I use the G2 , polymer body but cheaper price. works well as a light though.

FWIW I order most of my knives and flashlights from this outfit and they usually have the best price after you consider shipping.

http://www.newgraham.com/

Their customer service is second to none. They have called me and asked me crucial details on orders before so I wouldn't have a problem, they ship super fast, and they take good care of you.

Other than that, +1 what rocky says.

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar
    The SureFire Z2 is always a good choice for a really bright small carry lite. Next the SureFire M2 then the M3 they are not cheap but they are quality.

I just picked up a A2 Aviator for $130.00 new and on sale at my local Gateway Outfitters. I didn't realize that it was an amazing price until after I was looking at what they really cost. Probably won't carry it but it's great around the house at night or anything else. I live on 5 acres and have no problem seeing anywhere on the property with it.

I just didn't realize the quality and power of these lights. I will be buying a couple more and find that perfect carry light.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

DC Founder
    I have a Surefire E2E and love it. It's the same as the E2D but without the defensive ring....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Assistant Administrator
    I'll say this too - even my lil' E1e is a great light. I know it is small - I know it's output is nowhere near ''up there'' compared to many others but - it is not so large that I can't easily carry it clipped to belt - and no one yet who has sampled the full-on light has seen other than stars for a coupla seconds.!

I know the reach is not as good as larger ones but it serves my purpose anyways, and with the LED head giving effectively same output as the bulb I get great battery life and no sudden fall off.

In fact I rate the battery life more by its remaining voltage than perceived output. Even down as low as 2.7v - the light is still very functional.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

My favorite light is my SureFire U2 Ultra. I can quickly and easily adjust the light output for varying ambient light conditions in 6 increments from 2-80 lumens.

I will carry either a E2D Defender or L4 as backup.

I love the durability of the LED lights. I have had lamps on incandescents go out too often either from their life expiring, or being dropped/banged around to trust them completely.

Supposedly, SureFire is coming out with a 65 lumen LED version of the Defender. I can't wait for that to come out.
    Being proactive is the best way to avoid having to be defensive.

Follow not in the footsteps of the masters, but rather seek what they sought.

"Stategy is the craft of the warrior."-- Miyamoto Musashi

Ars sine scientia nihil est.

Bought my second brinkman at target. Has two 123 lithium batts. and zenon bulb. Comes with belt pouch. Even put one on my rem.870 for home. Cost of the light was $18. You can even order on line from their web site. Might want to look into it.........

The G2 is my pick. Price is very nice at $36 list, and the plastic body will last. The sock P60 lamp is more than bright enough. But if is more power you what, step up to the P61, at almost double the lumens. But about 1/5 the run time.

The only feature I would like to have is a button lock out.

You can find them on e-Bay but they tend to go for as much if not more than you can get them at a local store. I got my two for about $20 less than list.
    Last edited by glock21guy; February 19th, 2006 at 12:03 PM.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

1952 - 2006
    I love my SureFire 6P. I have two of them. The one I carry at work has the standard P60 bulb. The one I carry for CCW has the P61 bulb in it. Battery life in my CCW 6P is not a concern because it rarely gets used and I wanted the brighter bulb for use as a weapon to blind the BG should the need arise.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

The G2's work well...probably not much of a weapon, but a good light

Quote Originally Posted by vzwnnj
    The G2's work well...probably not much of a weapon, but a good light
    True.

A mag light like a 3 C or D cell would be better. But not as easy to carry. Unless you are not trying to be discreet.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Thanks friends...I will let you know when I pick it up...
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

If you're a civilian newgraham is great. If you're military, Surefire will give you a 25% discount if you order direct from their website. Just mention it in the comments field while ordering and they should take it off automatically.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links