Help Me Spend Some $$$

Help Me Spend Some $$$

This is a discussion on Help Me Spend Some $$$ within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; SO, I have finally decided to get a nice defensive light. I am looking at the surefire brand, mainly because my buddy carries them at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help Me Spend Some $$$

SO, I have finally decided to get a nice defensive light. I am looking at the surefire brand, mainly because my buddy carries them at his gun store and I have in-store credit there (not to mention the $15 off MSRP). My question is this: Do any of you have experience with the Surefire E2DL and G2 flashlights? The lights he has are these:

Surefire E2DL (120 Lumens) @ $135 ($90 out of pocket)
    Surefire G2 LED (80 Lumens) @ $65 ($20 out of pocket)
    Surefire 6P LED (80 Lumens I THINK) @$115 ($70 out of pocket)

The light will be an EDC light, so for that reason I really like the two outputs of the E2DL. What do you guys think? We are expecting our second child in two months, so I am trying not to spend so much money, but I want a GOOD light...

EDITED: I can't add....
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

I have a G2 LED and a G2Z LED CombatLight. The G2 has served me well for over 5 years now while the G2Z is a recent acquisition. The E2D LED looks like a great light as well, but if the G2 is only going to cost you $15 out of pocket, I would go with that. The two outputs of the E2D are a great feature but in my opinion, not necessary.

Regardless which one you go with, Surefire are excellent flashlights!

I agree with eagle 5 that Surefire is an excellent product. I have both the G2 and 6P and I prefer the G2 for everyday use. Mainly, because it has the same features of the 6P (minus the metal case), it's lighter and has a good feel in the hand with the rubber coating. If it were me I'd save some the $$ and buy the G2. But, both have served me well so far.

I love my SureFire flashlights...I'd go with the brightest you can afford, and from your choices...it's got to be the E2DL with the 120 lumens (That's 120 lumens for almost 2 hours...).

Stay armed...stay bright...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Dollar for dollar, I'd select the G2 or 3 everytime.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Hard to beat a Surefire. Chose which ever one you can most easily carry, that way you will CARRY it, rather than leave it behind. Does you no good in the nightstand or glove box, when you are on the street.

I have a Fenix PD30. Small enough for pocket carry and has 4 brightness levels plus an S.O.S. signal.
    Turbo mode is over 200 lumens and will light either steady or strobe.
    Around $69.
    bosco

Quote Originally Posted by boscobeans View Post
    I have a Fenix PD30. Small enough for pocket carry and has 4 brightness levels plus an S.O.S. signal.
    Turbo mode is over 200 lumens and will light either steady or strobe.
    Around $69.
    bosco
    Thanks for the suggestion, but like I said, I am sticking with Surefire because I would like to patronize a local business, as well as Surefire (an American business). Fenix are great lights, but made in China and my local "watering hole" doesn't carry them. Nothing against Fenix, just a "to each his own" type of deal. I would love to try out a Fenix some time though. Thanks again for the suggestion!

I have a E1L and an E2e, they both are metal body and that is why I love and hate them. The are abrasive on my clothing pockets. It is not conducive for me to carry clipped to my pocket so I carry in my pocket. However the G series are polymer and not abrasive that I can see. They are more thick and blky in the hand though. The Surefires I do have are GREAT lights and hold up to their reputation. You won't go wrong with any one of these choices.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have a Surefire G2 and it is my favorite, and you can't beat the price for such a quality light. I will look into the new LED models, but for now I am all set to go.
    God bless our troops!

Any of those would be great lights. I would buy the E2DL just b/c it has the highest output. My E1B has 80 lumen output and I love it. It's small and never leaves my side. I have a X300 on my USP and it has 120 output and it works well. Any of those choices will be great!!!
    -Cody-

HK USP Tactical 45
    HK P2000SK .40, LEM, Night Sights

I was shopping surefire lights, and I'm glad I didn't put that much money down on something I could possibly loose pretty easily. Went into Walmart, and walked out with a nice light made by Colman called the MAX. Its only a little bigger than my hand, aluminum body, led with 115 lumens, and the best part..........it was $24........ SOLD!

And let me tell you, this is the brightest little flashlight I have ever seen! Go check it out and save some dough!

I have an E2DL and I love it...I carry it in my left front pocket every day and after a while, you really do forget it's there (once you find just the right spot)...It may tear or wear my pocket after a while, but my pocketknife does the same thing on the other side anyway.

I don't work during hours of darkness much at all anymore, but I still carry the light with me all the time and have several more close-by in gear bags...When I worked night shift, I carried no less than four flashlights with me, usually two on my person and the other two or three in gear bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamisou View Post
    I was shopping surefire lights, and I'm glad I didn't put that much money down on something I could possibly loose pretty easily. Went into Walmart, and walked out with a nice light made by Colman called the MAX. Its only a little bigger than my hand, aluminum body, led with 115 lumens, and the best part..........it was $24........ SOLD!

And let me tell you, this is the brightest little flashlight I have ever seen! Go check it out and save some dough!
    I had one of these. Although the package said 115 lumens/3 watt I can assure you it was not. Although it was not bad for brightness, after I carried it for 7 months (just lost it this last week, which is why I am buying a new light) the tail switch simply was not working properly. I am part of the "you get what you pay for" crowd. Again, not bad for $24, but I want a light that will last through the rigors of everyday carry AND everyday use. Thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyglock View Post
    I had one of these. Although the package said 115 lumens/3 watt I can assure you it was not. Although it was not bad for brightness, after I carried it for 7 months (just lost it this last week, which is why I am buying a new light) the tail switch simply was not working properly. I am part of the "you get what you pay for" crowd. Again, not bad for $24, but I want a light that will last through the rigors of everyday carry AND everyday use. Thanks for the response.

You will get what you pay for with a surefire...they have worked hard to earn their reputation..and they deserve it. They are top notch.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links