Gun Stores in the Dallas/Plano Area

This is a discussion on Gun Stores in the Dallas/Plano Area within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I will be traveling to the Dallas/Plano area and am looking for quality gun shops in the area. I have an academy Sports and a ...

Thread: Gun Stores in the Dallas/Plano Area

Gun Stores in the Dallas/Plano Area

I will be traveling to the Dallas/Plano area and am looking for quality gun shops in the area. I have an academy Sports and a Bass Pro Shop here, however, I am looking for something better.

Thanks.
    Heavily Medicated For Your Protection

2. Remove Ads

Sure!!

Try B&S Guns, they are at I 30 and Broadway. They are a great bunch of guys!! Enjoy your stay.

Stay safe,
    Searn

Gunmaster in Plano is a good one, I go there often looking for bullets.

Bullet Trap is another one I have gone to, it also has a range.

Also DFW Gun Range
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Bullet trap is one I have been to before. Their prices are OK.
    NRA Member

Bullet Trap will have the largest selection of toys. Gunmaster is more folksy and will sometimes have a better price, albeit with less selection.

When are you heading in? We could get some DC.com guys from that area to show you a good lunch, I know I'd be up for it.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Add me to your list. I wouldn't mind sharing in the cost of the lunch. I 'ditto' the comment about Bullet Trap. Bought my Walther their. Have shot there a few times.

Staff are friendly and knowledgeable. Their renovation should be complete about now so that you don't have to go out to the back parking lot for the 'Port-O-Can'. That was always a bit odd during the construction.

All in all, a good, clean place to go.

I'll tag along too, cabelas and cheaper then dirt are good places too, but in fort worth
    EDC's Colt Defender 45 acp and S&W 442 .38
    Springfield XD 45 acp
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger Super RedHawk .44 mag
    mossberg 590 12 gauge tactical
    bushmaster AR15-M4

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Depends on where in Dallas you will be. However, I will run down on what I think are the "better" gun stores to deal with: (they are in no particular order)

Rays Sporting Goods

Great selection of rifles, shotguns and pistols. The staff are very knowledgeable and friendly. They will give you great advice, treat you very well and you will pay more. IMHO not a bad thing -- they live to service their customers.

Bachman Pawn and Gun

Don't let the name scare you. While they have a pawn shop next door to the gun shop it is still a reputable place to trade with. They have a great selection of pistols. They carry rifles and shotguns as well but the selection is not as varied as the pistol inventory. This store has by far the BEST prices on firearms in the Metroplex. The staff is surly and acts as though they could care less if you walked through the door (takes about three years of trading with them before the surliness drops a point or two:))

DFW Guns

They have a decent inventory, knowledgeable staff (I must say the caliber of the staff has decreased over the last year or so -- the guys that have been there for awhile are freaking top notch -- the newbies have attitudes for some strange reason), great rental inventory and an indoor range. The prices are decent and the selection is the same

The Bullet Trap

Great selection, decent prices, great rental selection and range. I haven't been up there in a couple of months but the last time I was there - the staff was good, prices good, great selection of "pre-owned" firearms and nice range.

There are other places to shop for guns in Dallas but these are my go-to places. If you want to see a selection of crazy expensive firearms go to the Beretta Gallery in Highland Park. They have $80,000 shotguns that are absolutely breathtaking!!

If you have questions about anywhere specifically, let me know via PM. I will answer to the best of my ability. BTW - Enjoy Dallas while you are here. There is plenty to do!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Links