Shotgun tac light

Shotgun tac light

This is a discussion on Shotgun tac light within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im in the market to put a tactical light on an Remington 870 12 ga. What is the best the on the market for the ...

Thread: Shotgun tac light

Shotgun tac light

Im in the market to put a tactical light on an Remington 870 12 ga. What is the best the on the market for the money? I plan on using it in my squad car for patrol work. The dept refuses to pay for such "luxeries"! No one has one for dept use right now. I dont want to spend my money on a trial by error to get the right equipment for the job. Any suggestions would be a great help.

Huck
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside , thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW!!-- What a Ride!!"

Ill be intrested to see whats liste i just use a surefire G@ with a pressure switch but dont think this would be ideal for you ...

What about the replacement sure fire fore end its some $$$$ though sure fire says about 250

This is extremely crude and looks ghetto but it does work:

Tac Star Clamp
    Surefire G2

$50 and you're done, it can be moved onto another gun, no permanent alterations, no marring, the light can be taken off and used by itself, etc.

The clamp on assembly with a Surefire would be a good idea and a way to save $$$$. However be sure to take it off when qualifying and practicing because the lamps with xenon bulbs are not shock isolating and could break from heavy recoil of the 12 guage. Or you could just go with one of Surefires many LED assemblies b/c recoil won't affect them.

Lead Moderator
    Surefire makes a shock bezel for the 6P, G2 and others. Might want to think about a remote tape switch too.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    Surefire makes a shock bezel for the 6P, G2 and others. Might want to think about a remote tape switch too.
    There's a guy (brightflashlights) on the ar15 forums that sells the shock isolating bezel for $22 shipped. I plan to order one soon, mr. murphy will surely pay me a visit when I need the flashlight to hold up to recoil.
    I have a G2 mounted on my Winchester 1300 using a lite mount technologies mount. It's rock solid. I believe he carries the mount as well. I haven't done business with him yet, but he does have very good feedback from the forum members.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    --GEORGE ORWELL

Lead Moderator
    I have done business w/ Bright flashlights. Good to deal with, and reasonable prices, too.

Links