Anybody wear the "batman belt"?

This is a discussion on Anybody wear the "batman belt"? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've seen this subject come up on various boards with interesting results. By "Batman Belt" I mean a carry set-up with weapon, flashlight, pepper spray, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody wear the "batman belt"?

Anybody wear the "batman belt"?

I've seen this subject come up on various boards with interesting results.
    By "Batman Belt" I mean a carry set-up with weapon, flashlight, pepper spray, cuffs, extra mags, tazer, etc. etc.
    I would think if you had any sort of incident that involved a law enforcement response and they saw your "gear", they might have a negative opinion as the belt could be perceived as being more "tactical" than "defensive".
    At most, I carry the firearm, an extra mag and possibly a small flashlight in my pocket.

Sorry if this has already been beat to death on another post...did a quick search and didn't see anything........

2. Remove Ads

Cuffs and tazer are a bit much IMO. I carry weapon, flashlight, pepper spray, extra mags (this depends on my plans for the day), and of course my folder in my pocket.

I don't know anybody who carries cuffs (other than leo's), or a tazer. I do have a friend who carries zip ties to cuff somebody if necessary.

Everything I have on me I train to use to defend myself and my family. I don't train to use it to detain or make a "citizen's arrest". If I pull my pepper spray its to deescalate and escape. If I pull my firearm then it's to put down a lethal threat to my life or my loved ones.

As far as carrying anything else like cuffs or a tazer? Its not illegal to carry that stuff so what's it matter what anybody thinks of it? If it's what you feel comfortable carrying then by all means carry it. Just make sure you can use it correctly and effectively.
    Also have a good explanation why you have all that stuff in court if you're involved in a shooting.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Smile

I wear an extra mag and Surefire flashlight on my weakside to counter my piece on the strongside. I just added a Spitfire to my key ring and carry my BUG. Of course, I bring my brain along, to include my fists/feet for close in hand-to-hand.
    Courage: "Do not follow where the path may lead...go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Retired Army, Infantry
    NRA Life Member

Typically, gun, extra mag, Surefire E1L, and Benchmade Folder and cell phone. Extra mag goes in one back pocket...light goes in other back pocket. Folder on the weak side front pocket. IMO that will get you thru most situations. OC Spray is good if you can get it in to your wardrobe to unobtrusively. I do all this pretty easy with tshirt, and jeans/shorts.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I usually tote the following:
    Handgun- Colt Lightweight Commander in a Milt Sparks SS II.
    Extra magazine/Surefire 6P- Carried in a dual pouch from Rosen, on my offside.
    Knife- Right now its a Case folder, I may start carrying a Kasper Companion again.
    Cell. phone, wallet, etc.,.
    This is standard daily carry for me. Low key and allows me some options in controlling my immediate environment.
    I don't care what the next guy chooses to prepare for lifes surprises, its their business.
    I can say that I won't be toting handcuffs or pepper spray.
    If I feel the need for more gear, I'll tote it in an old WW II style messengers bag (Murse, to you wags).

No cuffs or taser. Tasers are just too big and bulky to carry in addition to a firearm. As far as cuffs go, the last thing I want to be doing is trying to detain someone. That's the sort of thing that can get you killed.

I carry a pistol, two spare mags, a folder or two, OC, cellphone, flashlight, and a leatherman.

I think, if anyone wears that getup, a Gecko45 name badge should be a mandatory accessory.

What's this folder everyone is talking about?

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    folder = folding pocket knife

A folding knife, typically clipped in a pocket.
    God, country, family.

Quote Originally Posted by dlclarkii View Post
    What's this folder everyone is talking about?
    A knife.

Captain Utility Belt

Several co-worker and I were at an inservice for 911 dispatchers. There was one individual also in the class, he was a dispatcher for another county and the chief of one of the local fire departments. He had a duty belt with several pouches, a couple of radios, and at least two pagers on his belt. He was also driving his chiefs car, a small ford Taurus with a full size light bar on top, it stuck out about 6 inches on each side. Needless to say he was 50 miles from his area and none of the radios he was carrying would have worked. He earned the nickname that day of Captain Utility Belt, we still get a good laugh out of him everyonce in awhile. If he was carrying a gun he would have more then quailified as a chief Mall Ninja.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand.
    Kimber CDP fullsize Kimber CDP Ultra
    Colt Combat Commander Colt Goverment 1991
    Springfield Armory 1911-a1 Sig Sauer GSR 1911

I'm a 1911 guy.

Who carries cuffs but LEOs and security guards/mall patrol?
    No. No way. I am not a LEO nor security guard/mall patrol.

Another thing I d not understand are the people who walk the streets wearing gun belts that clearly are gun belts.
    They look same as those who in the day when it was fashionable would walk the streets wearing lifting belts all day long.

- Janq

"I pity the fool!" - Mr. T
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

On my belt right now:
    5in 1911
    4in fixed blade knife
    2 spare mags
    Surefire 6P Defender
    Sprint smartphone
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

My belt has 5inch 1911, Bucklight knife, Leatherman super tool. My spare mags and flashlights are in my vest, along with my wallet, checkbooks, and BUG.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links