Do you have lasers and lights...

This is a discussion on Do you have lasers and lights... within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; on your EDC weapon? I dont and do not want any. Im just asking as this seems to be a discussion topic that comes up ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you have lasers and lights...

Do you have lasers and lights...

on your EDC weapon?

I dont and do not want any. Im just asking as this seems to be a discussion topic that comes up with friends who carry.

My wife wants a laser on her P11. I say its dumb but would put it on there for her.

EDIT: I figured it should be in weapons but I guess it could go in accessories...
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

2. Remove Ads

Nah.
    The hand of the aggressor is stayed by strength and strength alone!--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Nope, no lights or lasers. Just a flashlight and nightsights on the pistola.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Not for my EDC gun. Lights would just be impractical, you are better off carrying a flashlight. I know that CT and lasermax are very popular as far as lasers go, but they are not for me.

I personally am a fan of having a weapon mounted light on your bedside gun, in addition to a separate flashlight.
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

Quote Originally Posted by BradyM77 View Post
    Nope, no lights or lasers. Just a flashlight and nightsights on the pistola.
    Same here on the primary.

Crimson Trace on the J-Frame BUG.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Laser on my Duty gun - rail light close by but not on it all the time - some other officers have their rail light mounted all the time - I might if get a holster to accommodate it one day.
    For God, Family and Country!

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Gun mounted lights are not practical IMO for most CCW. I have CT Lasergrips/Laserguard on my S&W J Frame and Kahr PM9 bugs.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

My M6 goes on the rail for my night time home defense choice. That may very well be the same pistol I've used for all day every day carry. But I do not use a light/laser on my carry pistol when I'm carrying.

Interesting topic - thanks for the thread.

Not on my EDC...but do have Lasermax on my J-Frame which I use as a BUG and then at night, laying on my night table, within easy arms reach, when I talk to my pillows..
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Light: not while concealed. In an ideal world, yes, I'd like to have one but even a micro light would make appendix carry less comfortable and/or concealable. So I just carry my Novatac 120P.

Laser: I have a set of Lasergrips on every pistol I carry if Lasergrips are available. Simply put, there are things you can accomplish with a laser that you cannot accomplish without a laser. Those things may not be important to -- or understood by -- some folks, but once you've had some training and experience it's very hard to give up those advantages.
    Train Hard, Stay Safe!
    Todd Louis Green
    pistol-training.com

Light: I never have a gun mounted light on my carry gun, however I do keep one for the bedroom gun

Laser: Different story here. I have CTC laser grips on most of my carry guns (the primary two are a G19 & G23) and night sights on all except my Kahr CW9. As I get older, my eyes appreciate the lasers more and more!
    Current handguns: Glock models 19, 22C, 23, 27, 29, & 36; Kimber Pro CDP and Polymer Custom; Kahr PM9 & CW9; S&W models 6906, 386PD, 66; Taurus 85 Ultralite Ti; Browning Buckmark;

Former handguns: S&W 4"686, 4" 620 & Sigma .380, Taurus 617 Ti, Kimber Pro Eclipse, Walther P22, Glock 30 & 33.

I'm a big fan of both lights/lasers. On both of my G30SF's have Unimax Lasers (one red the other one is green), they mount on the Glock rail. My G21SF has a Lasermax internal red laser, and at night I attach my TLR Streamlight to the rail. I also keep a hand-held Mag Light on my night stand.
    USCCA/DEFENSIVE HANDGUNS
    GSSA/NRA
    DEFENSIVE CARRY
    GLOCK TALK
    PAFOA/American Gun Owners

Quote Originally Posted by bgglock View Post
    Light: I never have a gun mounted light on my carry gun, however I do keep one for the bedroom gun

Laser: Different story here. I have CTC laser grips on most of my carry guns (the primary two are a G19 & G23) and night sights on all except my Kahr CW9. As I get older, my eyes appreciate the lasers more and more!
    Yep. Having conversed with two gentlemen who carry concealed, non-civilian, on a regular basis, they converted me to the laser crew. It is a "backup" to the traditional sight picture, and allows shooting something from angles where you may not be able to align the irons.

I put a laser on a S&W 637 for my wife...she doesn't use it.
    No lights of lasers on my pistolas...just night sights.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links