Quick Access Safes

This is a discussion on Quick Access Safes within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My daughter's neighborhood is having some assaults not far from them. My grandaughter is as inquisitive as any child and they need to secure the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Access Safes

Quick Access Safes

My daughter's neighborhood is having some assaults not far from them. My grandaughter is as inquisitive as any child and they need to secure the the firearm.

I have seen some safes that are quick access and would appreciate first hand recommendations and/or links. Any other methods?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

Google "gunvault" I own their standard minivault. Holds a Sig P220 & mag nicely. Heavy, solid, simple to operate, yet the child would have to be "Powerball winner" lucky to open it

I have 2 in wall gun / security vaults. Combination up to 15 numbers on touchpad. I also have little kids that would get into them if they could so that is the route we took. I got them at Costco for $65 each. Installed them both in about 2 hours. Outa site, outa mind for the kids BTW. If they don't know it's there, they might actually forget about it. Better safe than sorry.
    2A is not negotiable

Quote Originally Posted by skeet732 View Post
    Google "gunvault" I own their standard minivault. Holds a Sig P220 & mag nicely. Heavy, solid, simple to operate, yet the child would have to be "Powerball winner" lucky to open it
    Agreed. I have the "gunvault" medium size safe bolted to the top of my nightstand. Operates on battery or power (put batteries in regardless), and has a 4 buttom access code or key. Fits my taurus 85 and 3 boxes of ammo. I really like it.
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

I saw the GunVaults at our gun shop.
    I prefer a safe for obvious reasons, but for on top of a nightstand to avoid 'inquisitive minds'...not a bad idea.

GunVault - Compact Gun Security Safes - Mini Standard and Mini Deluxe
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I use a multivault to secure my guns in my truck, quick and easy.
    Kimber Pro Carry II
    SIG Sauer P229, 238, Mosquito
    Beretta 92FS
    Custom STI 1911
    Glock 17 Gen 3
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Do Biometric safes work really good? Or do you have to mess with them from time to time? If a person works with there hands alot with sand paper and such, will it lock you out from using the Biometric part of the safe?

I have one of these. You can pick them up on EBAY.

YouTube - Secure Logic Wall Vault
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

Quote Originally Posted by ccroom View Post
    I have one of these. You can pick them up on EBAY.

YouTube - Secure Logic Wall Vault

No Thanks a product that uses fear to get you to buy their product is not one I will ever buy. I thought it was an anti gun commercial in the begining of their sales pitch. What they didn't say is that their product is only as strong as the wall supporting it. If you are not home Drywall and 2X4's are easy pickings.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    No Thanks a product that uses fear to get you to buy their product is not one I will ever buy. I thought it was an anti gun commercial in the begining of their sales pitch. What they didn't say is that their product is only as strong as the wall supporting it. If you are not home Drywall and 2X4's are easy pickings.
    +1 Forget that! "Buy this product or a child will die."
    Kimber Pro Carry II
    SIG Sauer P229, 238, Mosquito
    Beretta 92FS
    Custom STI 1911
    Glock 17 Gen 3
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

I agree, the add SUCKS. The product however is awesome. I have 2 from Costco. I bought them before I saw the add and I am glad I did. I have 3 small kids (4,6,&8) and if not in those or the Homak, it WOULD be a problem.

As for the 2x4 and drywall.....tougher than you might think AND you would have to know where to look first. That would already be too much time searching for a non-obvious wall vault and the staying to rip out 4 4" lag screws mounted into the studs.....tough fight

As for one mounted on the dresser or night stand, that is an obvious target and worth smashing off and leaving with in a hurry. The rick / rewards are much higher
    2A is not negotiable

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    What they didn't say is that their product is only as strong as the wall supporting it. If you are not home Drywall and 2X4's are easy pickings.
    So is your front door...

I didn't see this video when I bought the product, I just saw a demo. But your right they do play on the emotions. This safe screws into the studs. A BG is not going to take the time on this, trust me. It has a stainless steel front it would take a long time to get through.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

sawzall

True... but the chances. Also I only have this to keep my kids away from the gun when it's not in my possession. I have a gun safe for the other stuff. This only for home protection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links