coast led lenser review....

This is a discussion on coast led lenser review.... within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Woo-Hoo welcome to my first product review..... I purchased a light (coast “led lenser”) from home depot the other day and I gotta say I'm ...

Thread: coast led lenser review....

Woo-Hoo welcome to my first product review.....

I purchased a light (coast “led lenser”) from home depot the other day and I gotta say I'm very impressed. The package says 90 lumins, and has only one led bulb. It totes a prism reflector system "for a brighter, more focused beam". It takes 3AAA batteries, and comes with 3 in the light and 3 extra in the packaging. Aluminum case with a tail cap button for on and off only. Also comes with a nylon sheath, lanyard, and d ring clip.

Now for my take

This is one seriously bright light!!!! It’s 4 ½” long and about 1” in dia. Fits in any pocket with ease. I honestly think it’s brighter than 90 due to focused beam set up as it was brighter than a 120 lumin light right next to it. It will shoot a beam of light a block or so down the street at night and maintains brightness. The photo’s I took are in the office at a distance of 12’ and 50’ with the lights off. I then took one with a 4D mag light for comparison at a distance of about 6’ from the wall.

At 0’ – 20’ or so the beam does not have a big “wash” . 12’ away and the beam is roughly 2’ around with some light hitting the walls of the hallway. However at 50’ the beam hits the entire door (3’) and does light up the entire hallway but only extends beyond the hallway a foot or so on each side. So, if you’re looking for a light with a lot of wash this is not really a great light, however if you want a bright focused beam of light this is the one.

This light was purchased for $40 and I have to say is worth every penny…. I’m going to get a ton more and replace most of my lights with this one. It also comes with a lifetime warranty, simply pay shipping. Although I do believe home depot will swap one out if you have any problems…..
    Attached Images
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

more pics

packaging pics...
    Attached Images
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

Interesting. LED and AAA's rather than 123A's...... For $40, it's sure worth giving one a try.

Thks for the review.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

I also have this light, but I apparently paid a premium for it when I got it. The one that I have came with a rechargeable battery and charger. I agree this is a good light, and definitely worth $40.

I bought a couple of these lights in the last two weeks and they are absolutely the best light for the bucks. Got mine at Lowe's.

Using AAA batteries makes it easy to feed.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

Thanks for the review! I've been looking at those lights.

Sponsored Links