Anyone Familiar with Maxpedition Gear?

This is a discussion on Anyone Familiar with Maxpedition Gear? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like the looks of the Maxpedition Versipack Fatboy as a concealed carry option. I would also like something that doubles as a briefcase for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Familiar with Maxpedition Gear?

I like the looks of the Maxpedition Versipack Fatboy as a concealed carry option. I would also like something that doubles as a briefcase for my frequent airline trips. I'd love to replace my shoulder-crushing Swiss Army briefcase. I looked at the dimensions of the Fatboy and felt it looked a little tight for my smallish ThinkPad laptop plus cords, my Kindle, and my Bose headphones that I always carry on flights.

Do any of the Maxpedition sling styles double well for a briefcase with a laptop and my other gear?

Thanks.

max

no too small even the jumbo version of Fat Boy might be small . I say go on line and look. It may take more than one

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    You can get the kindle in it, but I doubt the LT will fit.

I am sure the Maxpedition makes something you can use...and their stuff looks top notch.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I've got a Max bag and it's held up well. I don't carry a gun in mine - why not a holster on the body?
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

My EDC rig is my Kimber Ultra CDP II in my SuperTuck. I sometimes use a Wild Bill's IWB clip.

I was looking for a saner way to tote my carry-on gear through the airport (sans firearm) and around town as well as having a good option for a bug-out bag or even a man-purse option for days I want to carry when I have other stuff to drag along. I like the sling concept, but I need something that can hold my laptop and cords as well as stuff I need on a plane like my headphones and Kindle. I want an all-purpose bag.

I like the Maxpedition stuff, because I can also use use it for concealed carry at my destination or around town.

I have the Jumbo its bigger than the Fatboy and I like it but it is to small for what you want.You might want to look at the Colossus but it is probably as heavy as what you already have.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    My EDC rig is my Kimber Ultra CDP II in my SuperTuck. I sometimes use a Wild Bill's IWB clip.

I was looking for a saner way to tote my carry-on gear through the airport (sans firearm) and around town as well as having a good option for a bug-out bag or even a man-purse option for days I want to carry when I have other stuff to drag along. I like the sling concept, but I need something that can hold my laptop and cords as well as stuff I need on a plane like my headphones and Kindle. I want an all-purpose bag.

I like the Maxpedition stuff, because I can also use use it for concealed carry at my destination or around town.
    I use mine jogging/etc. Kind of hard to carry a CZ75 in sweat pants!
    "Don't Tread on Me"

I have a JUMBO that is my functional Bug Out Bag (BOB) which is full of that which I would need for my family and myself to survive (absent food and water) while on the road during a SHTF action. By that I mean ammo, trauma gear (bandages, kwik-klot, burn gel, etc) survival blanket/shelter, sunglasses, knives (3), magnesium bar for fire making, compass, para-cord, sunburn cream, and some other stuff. All in one bag with a very comfortable and sturdy strap. If something happens and I'm someplace away from my home (and central supplies) then I know I've given myself the best tools to do the job until I can get my family to a place of relative safety.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I've got a maxpedition in the back of the truck for carrying emergency equipment and tools on the road. Subjected to a good amount of used as well as sunlight and heat. Hasn't faded of anything and has been holding up well!

I have a maxpedition Monsoon as my Get Home Bag/Emergency Bag. It's performed admirably for me, I had to use it in a search for a child who was lost in the woods at night through heavy brush( we found the child). It did not let me down or slow me down and was comfortable the whole time. I also use a Maxpedition Kodiak for everyday gear and ccw'ing my weapons. It holds a netbook and XD45 and other sundry duty gear that I require for my job. I haul it around all day long and it's comfortable.

Maxpedition's gear is all well made and I would not hesitate to get more of it.

I have had a COLOSSUS for a couple years now.When my bartending gig required that all employees had to have their pockets sewn shut I had to have something to lug my stuff in so I found this "tacticool " bag...then I started finding all sorts of "tacticool" stuff to put in it..has worn well...one critisism...need a longer strap so it will ride another few inches lower.First time I CCW ed was with this bag...and it may forever have a back up piece in it.

Maxpedition products are some of the best made bags I have ever used. I have several that I have USED and they have been awesome. For a good while, I used them for diaper bags (LOL) when travelling and camping just to help keep the hands free. Now that the kids are bigger, they are my range bags and CC packs for trips.
    2A is not negotiable

Senior Moderator
    I use a colossus as a camera bag, and it is great. Very well constructed, excellent craftsmanship.

You can get an in-line pouch to extend the strap if needed.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links