Gun Safe Question

This is a discussion on Gun Safe Question within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do any of you have any experience with this company? Their website offered free shipping, but when I called I was told this was only ...

Thread: Gun Safe Question

Gun Safe Question

Do any of you have any experience with this company?
    Their website offered free shipping, but when I called I was told this was only for commemorative safes. When I pointed out that was not what the web page site said, I was verbally abused.

15 minutes later I looked at the site again. They have changed their wording. But it still says free shipping to these states....

And their salespeople were VERY high pressure. I had to ask them to stop so I could ask a question.

The safes look good, but I don't know...I don't think I can trust what they say.

Larry

http://www.sportsmansteelsafes.com/shipping.htm
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; May 9th, 2009 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Thread title changed, link added.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    No experience with them, also don't know how the add read before. But after their phone number it says on "commemorative safes"

FREE SHIPPING TO TEXAS, OKLAHOMA, NEW MEXICO, LOUISIANA, ARKANSAS , CALIFORNIA, ARIZONA, NEVADA, OREGON -

Long Beach, CA- 800-266-7150

Houston, TX - 888-681-4140
    (FREE SHIPPING - ON ALL COMMEMORATIVE SAFES

Administrator
    If your gut feeling is telling you to avoid their product then trust your first gut instinct/impression.

It is usually always correct.

VIP Member
    High pressure + bad attitude = no sale
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I bought one about 12 years ago. At that time they were well made and well priced. No complaints from me. No high pressure or attitude when I ordered, just a well made safe for a good price. That was a while ago and things can and often do change.
    bosco

If this is how they treat you when you're trying to buy their product, good luck if you have any difficulties WITH their produce.
    I DO NOT do business with any company who would treat me that poorly.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Always trust your gut feelings, they are there for a reason.
    " Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I would'nt give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. "- General George S. Patton Jr. May 31, 1944

Gun Safes by Pentagon Gun Safe Company Check this link out. This is the company that actually makes the safes.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Many years ago after doing extensive research I bought one of their safes. At the time it was the only one I could find with dual locks. I never had contact with any of their staff except when they called to advise me of it being shipped. The quality of the safe and features were just as discribed in their catalog.
    I do remember mailing in my order after receiving their catalog. I still have the safe today and it serves me well.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Gun Safes

I saw the Pentagon gun safe site.
    I also noted that they had a Better Business Bureau insigna on their web page, so I thought I would see what the BBB had to say about them. Neither the Long Beach BBB nor the National BBB show them as a member.

Too bad since the safes do look very good on the web sites.

Thanks for all your comments, I shall look elsewhere for a safe. Hey, today is Dog Show day in Sulphur, I get to go shopping for guns!

Larry

VIP Member
    I don't have any experience with them at all. But if I were "verbally abused" by them (or any sales people) there is no second chance for them if I conducted myself in a business-like manner

If you can't get decent service before the sale, you sure as heck aint' getting it after the sale.

I might send a letter to their CEO or whoever and let them know about their marketing attitude.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Out of curiosity I looked at the BBB site today.

Sportsman is listed: "This company has been accredited since 05/03/1993 and we are satisfied that it honors its commitment. The company has agreed to uphold our accreditation standards, which include a commitment to act in accordance with ethical business practices and to respond to customer complaints."

It has several complaints listed, as do many businesses, but most seem to be spread out over a period of time and must be pretty normal for a company that manufactures and sells products. The BBB gives it a B- rating..

When I ordered mine I called and gave them the safe model number, the color, the interior design/color and the combination numbers I needed.

They made the safe (here in the USA) and called me to give me a date when the safe would be delivered. I got it and am happy with it.
    This is just my experience and like I said before, things can and do often change.
    bosco

Links