the piece keeper - Page 2

the piece keeper

This is a discussion on the piece keeper within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; QK you are certainly correct on two accounts. safest, and monetarily out of the reach of most. That is one reason why I brought up ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the piece keeper

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    QK you are certainly correct on two accounts. safest, and monetarily out of the reach of most. That is one reason why I brought up the piece keeper in the first place, an effective, inexpensive way to keep an loaded firearm in the house to protect the family, without endangering the family.
    Maybe this wasn't the right forum, as most here are already safe with there firearms, but I know MANY who are not, and read the paper, and see on TV many more that are not. the libs love those people.
    ugly or not, it is a functional, safe option for someone that can't afford a safe, doesn't have the room for one, or is seeking a way to make there home defense firearm accessible and safe.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Administrator

I'm Glad That You Found It & Posted It

It certainly has some good merit.
    Exactly HOW VALUABLE it will be to each individual forum member will be for each member to finally decide.

Certainly every single forum member with children needs some means or method to positively secure (as in render inoperable) their immediate home defense firearm.

I am ALL FOR educating kids about firearms and firearm safety.
    I am also only willing to trust any children but so far.
    Because...children are not adults & all normal children "do things" when adults are not around.

I can only say this:
    I was brought up in a home that was filled with "nooks & crannies" & high shelves & built in cabinets & there was Not One Single Place in that house that my parents could "hide" anything where I could't find if I set my mind to it.
    That's a fact.

Qk, well again in concur, I too grew up in a similar house, no place to hide so to speak. BUT I also grew up with knowledge and respect for firearms. ALL the guns in my parents house was loaded...still are today. That was acceptible then, people go crazy about that now. I can say, I never picked up or played with one of those NEVER. education, fear, respect, call it what you want. Now that isn't the way I chose to keep the firearms in my house, but I hope to instill the same "awareness" about firearms in my children. They are yet too young.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner
    I appreciate the civil and polite manner of discourse here on the forum. Deciding pro/con on the piecekeeper is an individual choice. My attempt was to bring up a point (that an anal retentive worrying type like me) thinks/worries about. If I was able to communicate my point then I was successful. People could take my communications and agree/disagree, but they will have heard my point and consider it in their decision. And they will make their decision.
    I could understand your point pretty well as it brought to mind concerns LEOs frequently have regarding their riotgun locked in the front seat of a patrol car. It's a convenient place for some evil-doer to shove a waded up piece of paper, chewing gun, cigarette butt, etc. I never really wanted to have go inspect the inside of the barrel before using it. I could see some kid innocently shoving a plastic bullet out of one of his toy guns or some other "thing" without your knowledge unless you had it mounted somewhere they couldn't get to.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

it is impossible to shove anything in the muzzle while the firearm is locked. maybe that is the main point of confusion. there is a brass rod in the muzzle.
    ----DOC-----

Quote Originally Posted by snowdoctor
    it is impossible to shove anything in the muzzle while the firearm is locked. maybe that is the main point of confusion. there is a brass rod in the muzzle.
    It looks to be possible, w/ a gun like a walther or H&K to remove the magazine while the gun is locked in the piecekeeper. It looks to be possible to remove the base plate off a magazine. For me, that is just too much risk. I want it to go bang when I expect/need it to.

I know not all agree, and that is fine. But for me, I will pass on the piecekeeper.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    The CAMOUFLAGE version Totally Stumps me.

Maybe that is the model that gets installed in a Tree House.
    Uhh, Some people actually do their bedrooms in Camo. I don't know why, but they do.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

VIP Member
    I sent the link over to my editor, so he may be interested enough to do a review.

It's an interesting item, but personally, I'd prefer a good MiniVault and have the whole thing concealed.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    You thought the Camo was bad....
    Attached Images
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Tiger motif

My God that is AWFUL!

Although in Elvis's mansion it might be too camoflaged to find.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links