Anyone have the GunVault MicroVault?

This is a discussion on Anyone have the GunVault MicroVault? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am considering one since they look well made. Not sure why since I have a Ft. Knox safe at home. Maybe traveling in states ...

Thread: Anyone have the GunVault MicroVault?

Anyone have the GunVault MicroVault?

I am considering one since they look well made. Not sure why since I have a Ft. Knox safe at home. Maybe traveling in states that are not gun friendly like Kalifornia. I guess I only need one excuse to buy it. Any help? www.gunvault.com

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ltc-usa View Post
    I am considering one since they look well made. Not sure why since I have a Ft. Knox safe at home. Maybe traveling in states that are not gun friendly like Kalifornia. I guess I only need one excuse to buy it. Any help? GunVault - Gun Safes for Home or Office - Home
    I have the Multi, but not the Micro. The keypad mechanism looks like it might be the same on both models. Mine stopped working after a little less than a year. Fortunately I had the keys in my big safe so I could still access the Gunvault. Anyway, I called the company and they sent me out a brand new one and return shipping label for the bad one.

It sounded like I wasn't the first person to experience this problem. But as long as they stand behind the product, I'm satisfied.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

I have had one for a number of years. Works great, batteries last about one year.

Not the micro but I do have another keypad product of theirs. I will way that I had a problem after about 8 months but they took care of me pronto. Sent me a new one after just a phone call asking only that I ship back the old one in the box and shipping label that they provided. Cost me not a dime.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Ron
    Same here. got a new one shipped out after just one telephone call. The new one has a different type of finger pads. Works great and they obviously stand behind their products.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I have had one for, oh, two years or so, and no problems with the keypad. I have the Deluxe model and like it quite a bit.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

The microvault is only availabe for pre-order. I have had a multi-deluxe for years. Battery life is great, and the alarm alerted me when the kids were playing in our bedroom and tried to move it. The motion detector alerted me. Not like a real safe, but certainly enough to protect the kids as they grew up. Very easy to use in pitch dark. I'm sure the microvault would be a good way to travel.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Quote Originally Posted by rmarkob View Post
    It sounded like I wasn't the first person to experience this problem. But as long as they stand behind the product, I'm satisfied.
    Actually that's scary... cause what if it fails when you need to get into it?

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    It has a key backup. I usually have my keys in it when I go to bed so I can open it either way, then the keys go with me in the morning.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Quote Originally Posted by Huzar View Post
    Actually that's scary... cause what if it fails when you need to get into it?
    +1, what if it fails when some meth head is banging in the front door?
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    Just beat him to death with the safe
    There's nothing wrong with shooting so long as the right people get shot. -- Dirty Harry Calahan

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    If you're home, why isn't it in a holster? I don't like the GunVault's lack of tactile feedback and when I've practiced opening it in a hurry, I've had issues with getting the combination entered right the first time. So if I'm home and my pants are on, there's a holstered gun in there somewhere (its a habit that started with doing yard work under threat of a neighbors pitbull jumping the fence and attacking at random - after the pitbull issue was resolved, I never saw any reason to stop carrying at home). At night the vault is open with a flashlight next to the gun and eyes and ears on top. When I get up, I either close the safe (if I'm leaving) or I holster the gun when I get dressed.

Links