Sunglasses?

This is a discussion on Sunglasses? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Maui Jim is regarded to have the best polarized lens on the market. Revo's have always been some of my favorites, although you do have ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunglasses?

Maui Jim is regarded to have the best polarized lens on the market. Revo's have always been some of my favorites, although you do have to be careful not to scratch the lens.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by jtyler05si View Post
    I looked at some Serengetis online. They seem rather large. I have a fairly small face.
    Their Aviator style comes in three sizes. I have a pair of the large in Driver Gradient which are great for that purpose.

Also have a few pair of Oakleys. Wear these almost any time I go out. (Not at night)

And, of course I have the Aviator Ray-Bans.

Billl
    Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

Native gets my vote. I have had the same pair for almost 6 year (a new record for me). Full lifetime warranty on frames and 20-30 bucks to replace lenses if you scratch them.

Fess

I have and love my Serengeti sunglasses they are polarized and photo chromatic as well,they also feature lightweight impact and scratch resistant polycarbonate lenses. They are whats known as their polormax lenses. I use mine for everything from driving to shooting as well. Heres a link to their website Serengeti Eyewear
    Walmart vision center carries a few of serengeti sunglasses for $100 for most pairs. I've owned oakley,rayban and others but feel the serengeti's offer better optical quality then the others.
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

Check out the Ed Hardy line of sunglasses. I just bought a pair and they are amazing. Plus they come with a really cool case and cleaning cloth!
    Luck is not a feeling it's a way of life

I have to agree, I have Oakley Half Jackets and love them. I got a woman's version for my gf a few years ago and she wears them every day. I've had at least one pair of Oakley's for more then 10 years and don't think I'll ever purchase another brand.

You cant go wrong with oakley's ever!!

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    How about a pair of $10 walmart specials?
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Senior Moderator
    It doesn't matter what I buy. Expensive,cheap,mediocre,cool looking,ugly,so-so,in style... out of style.

They wont be around more than a couple of months.

I'm beginning to think that the people that make them have found of way for them to expire and just disintegrate into thin air. Maybe it has something to do with job security or what the engineers call "engineered obsolescence."

Once I found a mangled frame of what used to be my sunglasses in the yard. The lab I had at that time seemed to have an appetite for them. I asked him about my glasses and he just layed there and burped.

Another time I found a perfectly FLAT pair in the carport that my darling wife ran over.When I say flat, I mean flat as flat as a sheet of paper.

If I ever space out and leave a pair in a patrol car, its over. Gonzo. Kaput. Never to be seen again. Of course the one other person that drives that car has no idea where they went.

One time my Mom came in to my house...wearing a pair of my glasses. She said I left them at her house the last time I was there. No problem, I thanked her for bringing them back. After she stayed awhile, I walked her out to the car and watched her buckle up and speed off, but not before she reached over and put MY sunglasses back on.

Even if I leave a pair in my truck, the truck seems to eat them. I'll lay a pair on the dash or even put em in the glove box. Where do they go? I have no idea.

I've resigned myself to the fact that it just isnt meant for me to wear sunglasses. If so, I would be able to keep a pair for more than 2 months

Around the two month mark, I start getting paranoid and go into a sort of complusive disorder about them because I know that their time is about up. I'll keep them in my shirt pocket, never letting them out of my sight but it matters not. If I ever get weak and go to sleep, they will be gone when I wake up.

It doesnt make sense but it is true none the less. I am beggining to think that a "sunglass angel of death" stalks me, waiting for the right moment for him to snatch my sunglasses away from me.

Its about the only logical explanation that I can come up with.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I love my Serengeti Velocity Titaniums. They are light, strong, and not too big. I am usually rough on glasses, and these things are tough! I'd post a pic but don't have a clue as to how.
    " In theory, reality and theory are the same. In reality, they are not."

GLOCK G23, KAHR CW9, RUGER LCP, TAURUS PT92, TAURUS 689, MOSSY 500

NRA member

To HGuns. Please Pm me your address I will send you one of the things that you wear on you belt for keys. Sure we can adapt it to work on sunglasses.

HKR
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    It doesn't matter what I buy. Expensive,cheap,mediocre,cool looking,ugly,so-so,in style... out of style.

They wont be around more than a couple of months.

I'm beginning to think that the people that make them have found of way for them to expire and just disintegrate into thin air. Maybe it has something to do with job security or what the engineers call "engineered obsolescence."

Once I found a mangled frame of what used to be my sunglasses in the yard. The lab I had at that time seemed to have an appetite for them. I asked him about my glasses and he just layed there and burped.

Another time I found a perfectly FLAT pair in the carport that my darling wife ran over.When I say flat, I mean flat as flat as a sheet of paper.

If I ever space out and leave a pair in a patrol car, its over. Gonzo. Kaput. Never to be seen again. Of course the one other person that drives that car has no idea where they went.

One time my Mom came in to my house...wearing a pair of my glasses. She said I left them at her house the last time I was there. No problem, I thanked her for bringing them back. After she stayed awhile, I walked her out to the car and watched her buckle up and speed off, but not before she reached over and put MY sunglasses back on.

Even if I leave a pair in my truck, the truck seems to eat them. I'll lay a pair on the dash or even put em in the glove box. Where do they go? I have no idea.

I've resigned myself to the fact that it just isnt meant for me to wear sunglasses. If so, I would be able to keep a pair for more than 2 months

Around the two month mark, I start getting paranoid and go into a sort of complusive disorder about them because I know that their time is about up. I'll keep them in my shirt pocket, never letting them out of my sight but it matters not. If I ever get weak and go to sleep, they will be gone when I wake up.

It doesnt make sense but it is true none the less. I am beggining to think that a "sunglass angel of death" stalks me, waiting for the right moment for him to snatch my sunglasses away from me.

Its about the only logical explanation that I can come up with.
    I had the same problem as a teenager-even had a "friend's" dad claim a pair of Oakley's that I really liked. He found them in her room and I sure wasn't going to tell him they were mine.
    I ran over a brand new pair of RayBan's.........before I ever got them home the day I bought them. Two rivers and the Atlantic Ocean have claimed my sunglasses.

In college I drove to upstate New York, made it all of the way through the weeklong hiking/camping/paddling trip and left a pair on the counter of some little mom and pop diner in the middle of the boonies. I had even remembered to grab them in the middle of the night when what we thought was a bear decided to trash our campsite and we left, quickly.

usstandardissue.com for those of you who are Military, LEO, Fire, EMS.

My first pair of decent sunglasses were the ray ban wire frames pictured previously in this thread, I also paid $130 for them. I loved them. Had the glasses for about a week until I forgot them on the truck at work. Of course they wernt there when I got back and no one knows where they went. I now know not to trust anyone, even my brothers/sisters, with anything of value. I think I will now buy a pair of cheap glasses from wal mart for work, and some polarized oakleys from the mentioned website for off duty so the chances of them getting stolen/lost/broken will be less likely. In this florida sunshine, its almost impossible not to use sunglasses! (we also have a heat index of 110 degress with zero chance of rain today. Why do I live here?)
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Question everything, Learn something, Answer nothing.
    Those who have an answer for everything, have an answer for nothing.

I guess I always risk wearing more expensive sunglasses at work because I can't stand not having good clarity polarized lenses. I've always lost and broken cheap ones, but I've never misplaced a pair of more pricey sunglasses. I just make sure they never leave to top of my head if I take them off my eyes.

Anthony

Current EDC: Glock 23

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links