Defensive Carry banner

Sunglasses?

6K views 48 replies 33 participants last post by  jhooley 
#1 ·
Sorry if this is too unrelated to "Related Gear & Equipment". I searched for sunglasses in post and found a bunch of gibberish and I searched for sunglasses in title and found nothing.

I had a pair of Oakley polarized sunglasses that I paid $175 for. I tend to lose things so I took extra care of them and kept them in a special place in my car. Well long story short: I have had them for about 3 years and I drove my father's truck for a while; so it through my routine off and I can't find my sunglasses.

Now I need new ones. MUST BE POLARIZED please. Any good brands?
I am looking to spend as little as possible for good quality.

I found these:
Falcon Eyewear w/ Polarized Lenses | Eyewear | 5.11 Tactical

they seem to be rated pretty well. That is the style that I like also. Any comments or ideas are welcome. Thanks alot.

--Tyler

#2 ·
Serengeti Drivers. I've had a lot of sunglasses, and the Drivers are the best I've ever had. They don't block the light, they are polarized, and darken and lighten slightly depending upon the amount of light. I wear multi focal contacts (a fancy name for bifocals). With many sunglasses, the combination of sunglasses and contacts make it a little hard to read stuff. Not so with the Drivers.

Last pair I bought I paid around $140. The lenses are coated glass and not plastic.

Hope that helps a tad.

#32 ·
Their Aviator style comes in three sizes. I have a pair of the large in Driver Gradient which are great for that purpose.

Also have a few pair of Oakleys. Wear these almost any time I go out. (Not at night)

And, of course I have the Aviator Ray-Bans. :bier:

Billl

#8 ·
If you have a LEO as a friend he/she can you get you a pair of Oakleys discounted to about 1/2 price. The cool thing is these are made only for police and military so you won't see many of them on the street.

#11 ·
At one point I was issued Wiley-X SG-1's Balistic Glasses. I liked them and have tinted and clear lenses for them. The problem they used to have with fogging was corrected by adding vent holes in the removable lenses.

Wiley X | Tactical Goggles - Sg-1

#12 ·
I'm a big fan of Oakley Eye Jackets... they seem to fit my skull perfectly, but they are pricey... also like Gargoyles...

#14 ·
well......

kind of awesome. Maybe this thread cleared my mind a little. I found my old ones. I haven't seen them in over a month. They were in the weirdest place ever. Somehow when moving my dog around from our old place to the new place my sunglasses ended up in the dog's box of stuff. Still in their soft-case.

these are the ones i have. But the older edition. They aren't quite as thick as those on the side.

http://oakley.com/pd/4673

sorry guys for the false alarm. I would actually like to get another pair. Possibly some wireframe or something different than what I have.

#15 ·
Those look painfully cool...

#18 ·
No...! I like 'em a lot...

These are my faves, but it seems the Eye Jackets are discontinued... I've had at least 4 or 5 pairs of them...

#21 ·
I love my Oakleys. Wear them at the range and every match.

#22 ·
I absolutely love my Oakley's and would never go without a pair. I have several back-up pairs. I wear mine everyday. I'd like to buy a pair for my 6 year old son but he has to learn how to take care of them first. For now he's still using the cheaper sunglasses, but hopefully we can get him into some Oakley's soon. They don't distort your vision like some others do.

#25 ·
I've had many pairs of Oakleys and my last pair I purchased were polarized. I now will never go without a pair of polarized sunglasses. I just bought a pair of Ray-Ban Predator polarized and they are my favorite sunglasses I've had so far. The Oakleys just didn't have the sharp clarity of the Ray-Bans, but it is hard to go wrong with either. I also like the Maui Jim's and if you want something extremely lightweight, that is the way to go.

#26 ·
+1 on Rayban Predator. Got mine 6 months ago, 1st pair of decent sunglasses I ever purchased in my life, didnt cost the earth ($130US) and perform really well on sunny days at the range, and they look badass.

#27 ·
Im going to says Oakleys. Ive been wearing them for years. Ive got several pairs and have had no problems. Had a truck stolen once with a pair in it and i was more pissed about the sunglasses than the truck! lol Im sure there are alot of good glasses out there. Just putting my .02 in.

#30 ·
My sunglasses are as old as the hills. They are "Ray Ban's"...I bought back when I first got my pilot's license...they hook around the ears...they change from light to dark as needed...and I use them almost every day...great range glasses.
I have watched them like a hawk and used a case to store them. I've had plenty of others, but this pair is very special to me.

I've had the same pair for close to 40 years...yep:yup:, 40 years!:blink:

I'd still buy another pair of Ray Ban's...:31:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.