2006 shopping list
This is a discussion on 2006 shopping list within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'll probably cen a Comp-Tac ProUndercover for the PM9...
March 22nd, 2006 07:58 PM
I'll probably cen a Comp-Tac ProUndercover for the PM9
March 22nd, 2006 09:13 PM
Don't tell my wife...
OK, I'll play...
2006 to date: Marlin 39a .22 lever, Ruger Single Six convertible 6.5" .22LR/.22WMR.
1. Ammo. 22LR, 9mm, milsurp .30'06.
2. Reloading components. Dillon conversion for .300WSM.
- bulk powder, brass, bullets for everything else.
3. Leather. Holster & belt for Single Six. Speedloader pouch for mag cylinder. OWB for K9. IWB for 1911. Mag holders for both. Nice WWII repro sling for M1.
4. Accessories. Another tac light. Wilson mags for 1911. Factory mags for 10/22 and 22/45. Mag rebuild kits for 1911 and Kahr mags. Spring kits for Blackhawk and Single Six. Volq hammer kit for 22/45.
5. Guns. SKS (M59)
- 336 Marlin .30-30 (look for a good deal on a used one)
- Enfield Jungle carbine
- Ruger GP100 4" (also looking for a good used deal)
I'm budgeting $2500 for the works. Will have to find some good deals to fit in all the guns.
"Speed is fine, but accuracy is final." - Bill Jordan
March 23rd, 2006 07:45 PM
1. S&W 642 CHECK
2. Remington 550-1 CHECK
3. Winchester 52C bull barrel CHECK
4. 30-30 marlin lever gun (now they can have pointy bullets)
5. AR-15 of some sort, most likely RRA A-4
6. 1911 Kimber Gold MatchII, or Springer
I am not sure how far down the list I will get, as #3 pretty much wiped out my fun budget for the first half of this year and paying off Uncle Sam next month will also take a toll..
March 23rd, 2006 08:44 PM
Well since you all saw the condition of my SKS yesterday - A new (to me) rifle that actually works right.
I like the SKS but besides my 10/22 its the only "real" rifle I have ever owned. I would like to be familiar with systems that are popular (so I know which end of each is dangerous) and have thought about getting a cheap Olympic Arms AR to learn with.
March 24th, 2006 05:44 AM
I called the other day for my C&R application, been looking at suppliers ever since. I like the K-31 7.5mm Swiss but ammo seems a bit expensive - and rare. The 8mm Mausers are a thought but again, rare ammo. Might get both of those but for cost and availability of ammo, the SKS sure looks attractive.
And what happened to the Makarov prices? Makarov.com is selling them for $350! That's insane!!!
March 26th, 2006 11:57 PM
I've got to change my list. It changes daily, though.
1) Kahr PM9 w/Big Dot sights
2) GLOCK 17 w/Trijicons, Big Dots, or Hienies
3) Semi Auto Rifle, either a Springfield M1A Scout Squad Rifle or RRA Entry Tactical
4) Something in .45acp, either a GLOCK, Kahr, XD, SIG 220 or 1911 platform.
March 27th, 2006 04:37 PM
I keep a pretty extensive wish list at all times.
1) New finish on my P239 and P226 - CCR Duracoat Refinishing - Green/Black
2) EOTech 512 Holographic Weapon Sight for my Bushy
3) Rail handguards for my Bushy
4) Folding Iron Sights for my Bushy
5) SureFire E2 Defender
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it
would be reasonable to shoot back with your own
Dalai Lama - May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times
March 27th, 2006 09:33 PM
I think I may have enough handguns(yeah right!) but there is one thing I've really been considering for 3 gun matches. A JP Enterprises CTR02 upper for Xmas
March 30th, 2006 11:31 PM
How many times will I have to change my list?
The newest version.
1. Kahr PM9
2. Kahr P9
3. SIG Revolution XO Black
4. SIG 220
5. GLOCK 17
6. Rock River Arms Entry Tactical
Man I need to quit!
March 30th, 2006 11:55 PM
I already ordered a nice carry rig/belt/pouch for my Glock 26 from Gary Brommeland.
I need more 9mm, more 45 acp ammo, at least five more glock 17 mags, and probably a kel tec 32.
I really would like a remington marine magnum for home defense, and am thinking about a good AK variant, with plenty of ammo.
I want to have enough gear to fill a nice BOB.
"I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:
March 31st, 2006 12:20 AM
Add to my list:
- Leather for:
-- HK USP .45 ACP,
-- Kahr P45, and
-- HK P7 Euro
- Self defense ammo in .45 ACP
USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947
March 31st, 2006 09:32 AM
Converting a Para P16-40 to 10mm (in progress)
Building my AR15 mid-length, flat top. Bushy lower and upper, RRA barrel, Surefire rail forend
07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006
Probably the only home based FFL that doesn't do transfers.
April 5th, 2006 01:41 PM
-Para CCO or Carry
-Ruger GP100 3"
-Smith M66 3"
-And for C&R, K98 Mauser
(well... if I can manage to get 2 off this list, that won't be too bad)
Last edited by NEtracker; April 14th, 2006 at 12:34 PM.
Fenix, Olight, Nitecore, AMK, Leatherman, Condor, Maxpedition
Forum Member 8% Discount code dccwms8
April 5th, 2006 03:30 PM
I plan on two more this year.
We shall see.
Well since I posted this I have gone shopping.
1 Sig P220 .45acp w/Lasermax
1 Glock 23 .40
1 Taurus PT-145 .45acp
1 XD-9 9mm service model
I'm still looking for a deal on the XD-45 acp.
Last edited by ron8903; April 14th, 2006 at 09:18 AM.
By Zsnake in forum General Firearm Discussion
Last Post: January 19th, 2011, 07:43 AM
By Npete7381 in forum General Firearm Discussion
Last Post: February 10th, 2008, 04:38 PM
By Pete in forum General Firearm Discussion
Last Post: April 30th, 2007, 11:16 AM
By 40S&WMAN in forum Defensive Carry Guns
Last Post: March 2nd, 2007, 10:46 AM
By pogo2 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
Last Post: November 12th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Search tags for this page
kahr tp9 forum entries, 2006
Click on a term to search for related topics.