Wierd gun safe story

This is a discussion on Wierd gun safe story within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So here is my story. I’ve been looking for a good/reasonable gun safe for a while now. Finally ran across a local company (Safes & ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wierd gun safe story

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

Wierd gun safe story

So here is my story. I’ve been looking for a good/reasonable gun safe for a while now. Finally ran across a local company (Safes & Knives) in the Minneapolis area and stopped by there with my wife to look. Very reasonable and very knowledgeable owner. One thing lead to another I picked out Supreme Series safe 45” X 73” x 28” with a 1865 F & 110 min fire rating and triple-step door design. The owner starts talking with the wife. Showing her the how’s and what’s etc. She all of a sudden realized that her 30 years on ancestry search stuff filling two large cabinets is totally vulnerable and wants space in “MY” safe. To make a long story a bit shorter we have two matching safes being delivered next week. Hmmmm $4,200.00 includes delivery and setup. Good thing I’m rich instead of good looking…..wait? Forgot, I’m nor rich either! Sigh oh well wife is happy so am I.

Superior Safe Co. • Supreme Series
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Wow! You guys have that much expensive stuff!? Oh well, I remember those days... Today, I have to borrow some money from my gal simply to by a new Mac! She gets' my older MBP, together with the free ipod Touch, so I'm not sure who is actually wining here.

Anyway, nice looking safe although I'm surprised they don't have any internal photos of the safe on the website.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Her stuff has no $ value just represents 30 years of work collecting pictures documents etc etc. Wife would rather loose me than all those documents.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Superior is made by Champion. They make a good safe and will do well for you. I sell safes, and it is very eye opening to a lot of people what can be lost in a fire if they don't have a safe to keep all those pictures they've take, safe. Congrats to you and the Mrs. on your new purchases, and be glad you paid for delivery.
    -Cody-

HK USP Tactical 45
    HK P2000SK .40, LEM, Night Sights

Smart purchase...twice!
    Great looking safe(s)...
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; June 29th, 2009 at 07:09 AM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm not sure something intended as a gun safe will keep paper inside safe in a fire. Did you ask about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Her stuff has no $ value just represents 30 years of work collecting pictures documents etc etc. Wife would rather loose me than all those documents.
    Tell her I understand. I shudder to think all the research and documentation I would lose in a fire or other disaster. I've been trying to get everything into a digital format, as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    I'm not sure something intended as a gun safe will keep paper inside safe in a fire. Did you ask about this?
    She's a wife....As such there is always a plan LOL. papers in a fire box safe inside the safe. That should do it at of course an additional cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    Most safe makers call their tests at 350 degrees F. Paper chars at 412 degrees. They know people are going to put other things in there so they design them as such.
    -Cody-

HK USP Tactical 45
    HK P2000SK .40, LEM, Night Sights

Good job! Now maybe she will let you use some space in "her" safe.

Yikes, priceeeeeey...peice of mind I suppose...

My mother lives in SoCal and I've been telling her to get a safe for years...her/her husband get booted by the LA county FD at least once a year when the wildfires roll through.

Amazingly, the most common method for safegaurding valuables (in her neighborhood) is putting them in the pool(s)...seriously. Water-proofed, of course, but probably not a good spot for firearms
    HK P2000SK 9mm LEM (EDC, NV CCW)
    FNH Five-Seven USG...um, 5.7 cal
    <><><><><><><><><><><>
    FNH PS90/Mossberg 530 SPX/Mossberg 17 HMR (Tannerite Special, hi Feds )

Quote Originally Posted by Enginerd View Post
    Yikes, priceeeeeey...peice of mind I suppose...

My mother lives in SoCal and I've been telling her to get a safe for years...her/her husband get booted by the LA county FD at least once a year when the wildfires roll through.

Amazingly, the most common method for safegaurding valuables (in her neighborhood) is putting them in the pool(s)...seriously. Water-proofed, of course, but probably not a good spot for firearms
    That sound crazy. Badguy sets fire and waits. People evacuate. Badguy starts cleaning pools.

Quote Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
    That sound crazy. Badguy sets fire and waits. People evacuate. Badguy starts cleaning pools.
    Gated neighborhood, armed security...plus police and FD everywhere when they evacuate.

But I thought that the first time I heard it too.

Cheaper than a safe I suppose though lol...
    HK P2000SK 9mm LEM (EDC, NV CCW)
    FNH Five-Seven USG...um, 5.7 cal
    <><><><><><><><><><><>
    FNH PS90/Mossberg 530 SPX/Mossberg 17 HMR (Tannerite Special, hi Feds )

Good deal, I think a wise investment.
    Better "safe" than sorry.

I keep two safes as well, and copies of important stuff in each one.
    As we all know one is none and two is one.

Glad you could afford two new safes but what your wife really needs to invest in (if she doesn't already have one) is a quality scanner and start scanning all of that paper onto a couple of computer discs for storage and safe keeping. I've been scanning old family photos and keep a copy of the disc in my gun safe. Doesn't take up much room.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links