GAP mag floorplates in a Smartcarry?

This is a discussion on GAP mag floorplates in a Smartcarry? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm considering these instead of my current Pearce mag pinky extensions for my Glock 26: G A P H O M E However, they seem ...

Thread: GAP mag floorplates in a Smartcarry?

I'm considering these instead of my current Pearce mag pinky extensions for my Glock 26:

G A P H O M E

However, they seem to stick out forwards, which may be an issue with my Smartcarry holster - forcing the gun into a slight cant.

Anyone use these GAP floorplates with either a G26 or G27 in a medium-sized Smartcarry? Feedback?

Thanks!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Those are the ultimate for control of your baby glock with out added length extensions, but I cant answer your question about Smart Carry.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

GAP Floorplate

I don't see how adding a Pearce Grip extension or a GAP floorplate makes much of a difference under the circumstances. I carry my G26 in a "Smartcarry" holster at work all the time. I find carrying my G26 very comfortable.

I'm including a picture of my G26 & a 15 round magazine in my "Smartcarry" holster for you to see how it looks when I carry at work.
    Attached Images
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

That's my exact setup, minus the sleeve for the spare 15-rd mag. I can shoot the 26 fine without it on the 15-rd spare mag, so I decided to skip the added bulk.

I'm thinking the GAP floorplate might "tent" the pants fabric a bit less - but no-one has noticed my G26, nor the G19 I used to carry in my Smartcarry.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

15-Round Magazine Sleeve

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    That's my exact setup, minus the sleeve for the spare 15-rd mag. I can shoot the 26 fine without it on the 15-rd spare mag, so I decided to skip the added bulk.

I'm thinking the GAP floorplate might "tent" the pants fabric a bit less - but no-one has noticed my G26, nor the G19 I used to carry in my Smartcarry.
    I've tried carrying the 15-round magazine with & without the sleeve. I've noticed that it doesn't make that much of a difference to me. I just don't find the the weight of the sleeve makes that much a weight difference. At times I only carry the stock 10-round magazine with a Pearce Grip extention. While I'm at work as an "unarmed" security guard I prefer to carry the 15-round magazine.

You do raise a valid point that the floorplate might "tent" the pants to some degree. But to say that it would make a major difference, nah, I don't see it.

And, like you said, no one has ever noticed the bulge of my G26 in the smartcarry holster yet. I doubt anyone will in the future either.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Links