waterproof Crimson Trace grips

This is a discussion on waterproof Crimson Trace grips within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have any experience, whether on purpose or by accident, with Crimson Trace grips and water? I have seen a few references that claim ...

Thread: waterproof Crimson Trace grips

waterproof Crimson Trace grips

Does anyone have any experience, whether on purpose or by accident, with Crimson Trace grips and water? I have seen a few references that claim waterproof units, but cannot find any real world experience. I am heading up to the UP of MI for a kayaking trip in a few weeks and trying to decide if time should be spent removing grips before leaving.

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    I recommend you post this question on the Crimson Trace forum at Crimsontrace - Index - Crimson Trace Forums. Their support people answer questions there. Of course, you can also give customer support a call at (800) 442-2406.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

...and quoting Dan, from the same:
    This question came up a while back and I posted a picture of the laser operating when fully submerged. Here it is-

This is not recomended, but if the laser grip were to get wet you should remove it from your gun and dry out the batteries and battery contacts. The batteries will start to corrode if left in a wet enviroment. The laser module is sealed and the contacts are gold plated so they are both good to go.

**pic deleted**

And no, the gun is not in a commode for this picture but in a large pitcher of water.
    Short answer- I would take them off. Removal, drying and replacement by the campfire would be more trouble than its worth.

Links