5.11 pants

This is a discussion on 5.11 pants within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I received 2 pair of 5.11 tactical pants today. I have to say there great, way better then the Cabela's trailhiker pants. There hats ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5.11 pants

5.11 pants

Well I received 2 pair of 5.11 tactical pants today. I have to say there great, way better then the Cabela's trailhiker pants. There hats are also very high quality. I got the free 5.11 hat with the purchase of 2 pants as well as the 2 flag hats for $.99. Both hats are great.

2. Remove Ads

jfl
    Bought 2 pairs, a while ago; got upset when I found out they were made in Cambodia Thought about sending them back ... thought too long, it was too late
    Buy American !!!!!!!
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Got a pair this week. I have to say, these are the ugliest AND most expensive pair of pants I have ever owned! But I hear they're good, plus it's mandatory for our instructors' "uniforms" at work. They're comfortable, I'll give you that. Especially outdoors with no shade at the range, in 90-degree Southern Summer weather. (I have the Taclite pro ones.)
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Senior Moderator
    LA Police Gear runs sales on them all the time. I got several pairs for 19.99.

Check em out.

LA Police Gear Tactical Gear featuring 5.11 Tactical, Galco, Surefire and Blackhawk

as a matter of fact, right now they are on sale for 22.99
    http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-74251-closeout.html

Actually, I have several pairs of these and I like them better.
    http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapolice...cal-pants.html
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    I own about a dozen of the older style.....before they marked them 5.11. The are marked Royal Robbins. they also have the knife/magazine pocket on the right, instead of like the new ones on the left.

They're great, I wear them to work nearly everyday.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I agree with by American but when you are 6' 10" with a 46" waist you take what you can find. I might have to hem these pants as they are actually to long.

Here in the sandbox most civilian contractors wear "tactical" pants and the majority of them are 5.11s. Tactical style are more comfortable than jeans, fit looser around the leg and do not bind, I bought the 100% cotton and they seem to hold the heat outside, plus no melting in the event of a fireball.
    Last edited by F350; August 7th, 2009 at 11:45 PM.

Mine are really OK in every way.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    I bought 2 pair to try them out. Wore them for 2 weeks and bought 6 more pair. I have never worn such comfortable pants. Also, they fly as acceptable wear in my work.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

I like 5.11 pants. the only thing I am not crazy about is the back pockets. I think that they can make pickpocketing much easier with such wide backpockets.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

The 511 tactical pants are a little better than the others. I ordered 2 and I don't wear the casual ones because they fit like the baggy pants from the 80s.

If you are slim like me and need something a little more fitted, try the Force
    Land Management Unifrom Apparel
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

VIP Member
    I have 5.11s but am a bit happier with my Woolrich trousers. (Men wear trousers, women wear pants!)
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Woolrich are much better. I wear them until they rip and then you pour water on them and it still beads up. It has a pocket on each side that can hold and AR mag or Blackberry. It also has a sub-pocket for your wallet. 5.11s are like a cheap hotel...No Ballroom.-George

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mercop View Post
    Woolrich are much better. I wear them until they rip and then you pour water on them and it still beads up. It has a pocket on each side that can hold and AR mag or Blackberry. It also has a sub-pocket for your wallet. 5.11s are like a cheap hotel...No Ballroom.-George

I have several pairs from 5.11, Woolrich and Tru-spec and they all are quality pants. The main difference is price since I can get two pairs of 5.11 at LA Police Gear for the price of one pair of Woolrich. Woolrich are good but not twice as nice.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Advice,please....

from one with experience with the 5.11 trousers. The site says the trouser is a 'true fit'. So,if one wears 34 waist Levis, that are a little snug, then what would be the size you would get in 5.11. 34, or perhaps 36? Thanks, Carry Ok.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links