Which laser grips for my 340 M&P?

This is a discussion on Which laser grips for my 340 M&P? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi I was thinking about a set of laser grips for my S&W 340 M&P and can't decide which set to buy. Its between the ...

Thread: Which laser grips for my 340 M&P?

Which laser grips for my 340 M&P?

Hi I was thinking about a set of laser grips for my S&W 340 M&P and can't decide which set to buy. Its between the lg-105's and lg-405's. Which of these is more compact or better suited for pocket carry? Thanks.
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Well between the two, I prefer the LG 405 as it provides a more secure grip. Not that you asked, but I'm considering a LG 305 for my new 640. There is a lot of control afforded by our little pinky finger ~
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Saber do you feel the 305's would hinder pocket carry of the 340?
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

Actually this is kind of the question I was asking on my thread too. I handled my friends 340PD with 305s and while it will go in a pocket, That little extra made it want to not quite stick out but make me conscious of how I was moving so that the grips did not pop out. Realistically I am only considering the 105 and 405. The 105 is basically hard polymer like the standard issue boot grips on 642/442 and the like. They probably will not absorb as much recoil, but will be much sleeker and go in and out of the pocket much better. The 405 has rubber and will absorb much more recoil but not be quite as fast in and out of the pocket.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    I would go with something other than the 105's... I did not like the std. boot grips, which seem to be just like the 105 laser grips... Once I changed the grips to Hogue Monogrips the 642 felt like a completely different gun... I have been looking at the CT's also and will probably go with the 305's... I handled a 642 with the 305's and it is a larger grip, that feels much like the Hogue. The 405 stops at the bottom of the frame which would help with concealibility, but makes a bit small for my hands... I'm a big guy so the Hogue's don't cause me a problem with pocket carry.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I am 6'3" 275, and had a hard time getting it to not peek out of the top of my shorts and jeans pockets.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    We're fairly close in size, but I mainly wear cargo shorts and pants, with deep pockets... In jeans, the hogue grip is just barely below the top of the pocket, so I see your point...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    Saber do you feel the 305's would hinder pocket carry of the 340?
    Yes, the 305 is longer to accommodate the pinky finger. As such, the butt of the grip may well peek out with some style pants. If you already have a quality pocket holster, I would wait until your gun shop receives a j-frame with one mounted and try it out. Also, ask if they have a 305 in stock and test fit before buying it.

I have a 2-1/8” barrel 642-P so I have a ¼” more than your 340 to deal with. I will be buying a 340 as well but first, I’ll wait for my Milt Sparks pocket holster to arrive. This whole process is rather tedious and expensive.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Links