Crimson Trace LG-417 in an IWB Holster

This is a discussion on Crimson Trace LG-417 in an IWB Holster within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a Glock 23 in an IWB holster ("The Answer" by Tucker Gunleather). I am thinking about getting a laser sight. I have always ...

Thread: Crimson Trace LG-417 in an IWB Holster

Crimson Trace LG-417 in an IWB Holster

I carry a Glock 23 in an IWB holster ("The Answer" by Tucker Gunleather). I am thinking about getting a laser sight. I have always been impressed with the Crimson Trace laser sights and their auto-on as soon as you grip the gun. I see they have a new laser for the Glocks, a model LG-417. Has anyone tried this in an IWB holster? If so, any problems?

The other sights I am considering are LaserMax. Either their new Sabre model or one of the internal guide rod sites. I know the guide rod type would fit fine in my holster -- no change to the outside of the gun. But if I use one of those I have one more thing I have to do when I draw the gun -- turn the laser on.

The Sabre with its big beaver tail looks interesting. But again, what does that do in an IWB holster? Is the draw effected? Is concealment effected?

I would love to hear from anyone who has used any of these in an IWB holster.

Thanks!
    ....a politically incorrect right-wing fiscally-conservative libertarian NRA card-carrying gun-toting self-sufficient gainfully-employed Bible-believing church-going fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Perhaps you should avoid my company. I might contaminate you.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Also don't forget this new puppy as a possible Laser for Glock option.

I've never actually seen or tried one yet so (of course) I can't recommend it - I am only letting you know that it is yet another new and available option.

That's one of the new LaserLyte sights, isn't it? It looks very interesting. Obviously it would work with any IWB. I wonder how the quality compares to CT and LaserMax. Has anyone here tried one?
    ....a politically incorrect right-wing fiscally-conservative libertarian NRA card-carrying gun-toting self-sufficient gainfully-employed Bible-believing church-going fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Perhaps you should avoid my company. I might contaminate you.

Links