Surefire E2e

Surefire E2e

This is a discussion on Surefire E2e within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've had my Surefire E2e for some time now. It is my EDC light off-duty and a back up light to my G2 LED while ...

Thread: Surefire E2e

Surefire E2e

I've had my Surefire E2e for some time now. It is my EDC light off-duty and a back up light to my G2 LED while on the job. I love this light. It stays securely in my support side rear pocket via the strong clip that is attached to the light.

Here is the bad news. The other day I had to go into my basement for something. I had a flood a few years ago and had taken down all of the sheet rock. So there are some sheet rock screws protruding a bit from the studs. Well, ofcourse, one of the screws caught the clip on my E2e as I passed it and STRETCHED it out. Now it no longer sits securely in my pocket.

I cannot for the life of me get the clip to sit tight to the light as it was before. Any suggestions? Will Surefire be able to correct it if I send it back to them?
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Give them a call and see.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

SureFire WILL make it right...give 'em a call.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if Surefire didn't send you a replacement... the entire light!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Really? Hopefully you guys are right. I'll give them a call on Monday morning.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

I spoke with Surefire CS on Monday. They will be sending me a replacement clip free of charge. I am very pleased as I love my little E2e.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Mine did the exact same thing. I was clipping it on a thick denim pocket and it bent it out.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Send it back... or call them. They'll make it right.

You can fix that bet clip real easy too. Take the bezel off, then slip a loop of paracord (shoe laces will work too), and slowly pull the clip out. There's a tiny plastic shim under the clip, make sure it doesn't come flying out and you never find it.

Once the clip is out, squeeze the clip back into shape with a pair of pliers. You can cover the clip with a rag so the pliers don't scratch the metal.

Quote Originally Posted by greenLED View Post
    You can fix that bet clip real easy too. Take the bezel off, then slip a loop of paracord (shoe laces will work too), and slowly pull the clip out. There's a tiny plastic shim under the clip, make sure it doesn't come flying out and you never find it.

Once the clip is out, squeeze the clip back into shape with a pair of pliers. You can cover the clip with a rag so the pliers don't scratch the metal.
    Thanks. But I am waiting to receive a brand new clip from Surefire. It should arrive any day now.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Received the new belt clip from Surefire today. Free of charge. Excellent CS!! I installed it and feeling better about not losing the light. It is securely sitting in my rear pocket.

Good job Surefire
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

My dog chewed a polymer light of mine up. I called em and told them the truth and they sent almost a whole light to me for free.

Quote Originally Posted by greenLED View Post

Thank you! I've been trying to figure out how to pull the clip off my L4.

Links