SureFire X200??

SureFire X200??

This is a discussion on SureFire X200?? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, I have a question... I recently purchased a Glock 23, and love it by the way. So to make a nice nightstand combo, I ...

Thread: SureFire X200??

SureFire X200??

OK, I have a question... I recently purchased a Glock 23, and love it by the way. So to make a nice nightstand combo, I thought I would purchase a weapon light. So, to Ebay I go, and buy a Surefire X200 thinking that it would make a good combo. Well, I got the light today and everything is cool except for the fact that it will not lock into the slot on the light rail of my 23. What's the deal? Did I just make a bad purchase or is there a solution to my problem? Please advise. Thanks.

Answered my own question... with patience and a rotary file on a dremel tool, I trimmed the lock tab of the light's mount to fit nicely.

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    The X200 as well as the X300 come with a locking plate marked "U" and a plate marked "P". I'm guessing that you are trying to use a "P" plate, made for a 1913 rail. The "U" plate is made for the Glocks universal rail.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

It should have come with different fittings for different kinds of tac rails. If it didn't, you didn't get the whole package. I have a G23 and mine was already mounted with the correct fitting. I bought it on ebay also.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Ahhhh... I could probably buy the right part from Surefire then... In the meantime my barnyard machine work it doing fine. Thanks for the info.

Links