Streamlight TLR-3 thoughts?

This is a discussion on Streamlight TLR-3 thoughts? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've got a Glock 19 that will soon become an exclusively home defense weapon after my new Glock 27 arrives. I'd like to fit it ...

Thread: Streamlight TLR-3 thoughts?

Streamlight TLR-3 thoughts?

I've got a Glock 19 that will soon become an exclusively home defense weapon after my new Glock 27 arrives. I'd like to fit it with a light without paying the surefire price. I'm curious if any of you have or have used the new compact Streamlight. Seems like it might fit the bill for what I'm looking for. But I've never owned any Streamlight products before.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Used to use Streamlight flashlights, exclusively when I was an LEO, never a problem. I've been looking at the new TLR-3 too and think it would be a good light for HD use. I'm torn between it and the TLR-1. Both can be had for under $100.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I came very close to this for my XD45. Ended up with an SSL-1 and like it just fine.

I could not tell, that the CR2 battery the TLR uses is the same as the 123A that all my (4) Surefire flashlights use, and the compatibility was a convenient factor. Also I had to order extra mags from Springfield anyway and they didn't have the TLR-3.

VIP Member
    The CR2 is not the same as the CR123. It is a camera type battery, available at most stores that do photo processing and not as expensive as the CR123A's from retail sources. That's the main reason I'm leaning toward the TLR-1.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I have the TLR-3 mounted on XDm 40. Fits XD 40 Subcompact, XD 40 full size, and XDm 40 as well as XDm 9. It's a wonderful, bright, well-designed small light, one on which I entrust with my safety and security.

I have owned many Streamlight products, with one that is over 15 years old and STILL working perfectly. You can't go wrong with Streamlight.

That said, I am carrying a SureFire E2D on my person right now...

Quote Originally Posted by rainyday View Post
    I've got a Glock 19 that will soon become an exclusively home defense weapon after my new Glock 27 arrives. I'd like to fit it with a light without paying the surefire price. I'm curious if any of you have or have used the new compact Streamlight. Seems like it might fit the bill for what I'm looking for. But I've never owned any Streamlight products before.

Quote Originally Posted by ppmd View Post
    I have the TLR-3 mounted on XDm 40. Fits XD 40 Subcompact, XD 40 full size, and XDm 40 as well as XDm 9. It's a wonderful, bright, well-designed small light, one on which I entrust with my safety and security.

I have owned many Streamlight products, with one that is over 15 years old and STILL working perfectly. You can't go wrong with Streamlight.

That said, I am carrying a SureFire E2D on my person right now...
    ppmd ...... would love to a picture with the light on the xd sub
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

JRI
    I have the TLR-2 so can't say anything about the TLR-3 but I'm very happy with the TLR-2. I also have a couple of their Stinger flashlights.

The customer service I have received from them is absolutely outstanding. I had to send the flashlights in for service and they came back like new. One was water damaged after it sat in a puddle and water got inside. They repaired it at no charge and I had it back in just over a week.

Streamlights are good to go! I've still got my M-3 and M-6 lights/laser combo. Coming up on ten years old for the both of them. You wouldn't want to know what I paid for them back in the day they were top of the line technology, but they're still ticking and I depend on them because they work every time so long as I keep them in batteries.

Links