Cell phone stun gun

Cell phone stun gun

This is a discussion on Cell phone stun gun within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Saw this in the newspaper and thought to pass it along. Here is the two links. Cell Phone Stun Gun Pretender 950,000 Volt Cell Phone ...

Thread: Cell phone stun gun

Cell phone stun gun

Saw this in the newspaper and thought to pass it along. Here is the two links. Cell Phone Stun Gun Pretender 950,000 Volt

Cell Phone Stun Gun

Might be a decent option if you need to get a defense tool past a pat down.

Sometimes when I see my bill it's "STUNNING"
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    I'd hate to make the mistake of which is the phone and which is the stunner!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Anyone have any experience with these?

I have a gun-shy (not gun-hater) spouse who I was thinking could carry this in her purse or diaper bag. I already gave her pepper spray but I was thinking this could be something else she could carry.

Anyone first hand experience? Any other suggestions for stun guns/tasers? Obviously, cost is an issue. If it's going to cost the same as a gun, you can guess which I'd buy.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    I told my wife and daughter that would be a good "Open Carry" option for them. Normal stun guns would be in their purse's or just too attention drawing if on belt.
    For God, Family and Country!

VIP Member
    Is this a new ap for the IPHONE?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Is this a new ap for the IPHONE?
    Isn't the slogan "There's an app for that"?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    Anyone have any experience with these?

I have a gun-shy (not gun-hater) spouse who I was thinking could carry this in her purse or diaper bag. I already gave her pepper spray but I was thinking this could be something else she could carry.

Anyone first hand experience? Any other suggestions for stun guns/tasers? Obviously, cost is an issue. If it's going to cost the same as a gun, you can guess which I'd buy.

I have a little experience with products like these. Now all this is strictly in my opinion from my experiences. One of these would play a perfect role in a persons "defensive toolbox" if you will. I bought a pen knife and lipstick pepper spray for my Fiance. IMHO the stun gun not be the only option which I see she has pepper spray which I commend you for. I would suggest some form of a spray for her to have on her person at all times and a unit soly for her purse. Add some form of a last ditch knife and whtever else you feel necessary. (maybe a flashlight with good lumin outage) And there you have a rather well layered defense.
    Live in yellow or die in white.

Too bad stun guns are not legal in the Pineapple state of NY. I was in Virginia the other day and visited an amazing gun store that carried stun guns. One stun gun was disguised as a pen! At present, since my wife has not applied for a CCW license, I did however manage to convice her to carry pepper spray. There are plenty of BGs out there.

My wife hase been carrying a cellphone/stungun for a couple of years now and has never had anyone question it. The one she has looks like a Nokia phone that was out about five years ago. A couple of weeks ago, on the morning of a gun show, I tested it out and it just kind of spuddered a little and died. I just charged it the night before so I know it was fully charged and malfunctioning.
    We have spoken about getting her a concealment license so she can carry a gun but I don't think she has the mindset for it right now.
    I bought her the exact one she had before for $40. The same price as the last one was then.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegear234 View Post
    I have a little experience with products like these. Now all this is strictly in my opinion from my experiences. One of these would play a perfect role in a persons "defensive toolbox" if you will. I bought a pen knife and lipstick pepper spray for my Fiance. IMHO the stun gun not be the only option which I see she has pepper spray which I commend you for. I would suggest some form of a spray for her to have on her person at all times and a unit soly for her purse. Add some form of a last ditch knife and whtever else you feel necessary. (maybe a flashlight with good lumin outage) And there you have a rather well layered defense.
    Thanks for the feed back. I did give her a folding pocket knife that I got when I was younger. Had a 2" inch blade or so, but she didn't like carrying it and stopped. I got her, her mother, and my mother all pepper spray, but I guess I should probably get myself one too.

Hopefully she'll get used to the idea of carrying a pistol and get her CHL. She usually has our son and I worry about them way more than myself.

Links